Good Torque Converter shop in the CA area

kazairl

Anybody know of one? I might need to have a torque converter looked at. Thanks.

Spec-Rite converters in Redding CA...Rod and the the boys can hook you up with what you need.

The torque Converter is no longer mine( I hope) and I sold it to a guy that lives in CA. Problem is it doesn't seem to be working and I was looking for a shop somewhat close to him so that I could get it taken care of. He lives around Clear Lake which according to Google Maps is around 3 Hours from Redding.

Thanks guys.

The torque Converter is no longer mine( I hope) and I sold it to a guy that lives in CA. Problem is it doesn't seem to be working and I was looking for a shop somewhat close to him so that I could get it taken care of. He lives around Clear Lake which according to Google Maps is around 3 Hours from Redding.

Thanks guys.
I'm in between Clear Lake and Redding. If he needs help with transportation I go up that way from time to time. I'd be happy to give him or the converter a ride up that way.

He can probably ship it to Spec-Rite for around $20. Do you know what's wrong with the converter?

Not sure if it is the converter or the rebuild of the trans. The tranny has no gears and no RPM drop in any gears with 19 quarts of fluid. When I first posted I was under the impression that the TC was the only thing he changed. But He did a full rebuild which opens up all kind of things. But I wanted to keep my bases covered just in case that's what it turned out to be.

I bought the TC( It's a Suncoast Triple) about a year ago as a reman and then never used it and decided to get rid of it. So I really don't know all the much about it. I know the pump side cover was changed so I don't even know what the stall speed on it is.

Right now he is trouble shooting it so we'll see how that turns out. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Hook up a line pressure gauge and check it. Might even stroke the tv lever to see if there is any change at all.

Back