Goooooood Evening.! From Barrie, Ontario

steakman

HI guys and ladies ( assuming there is a bit of estrogen here..?)

Bought the truck in Calgary Feb 07- Lease back with 34,500 miles. This unit is my "work" truck in that I am in Welding Automation Sales and have Northern Ontario as my territory (check out the maps..tis BIG). I drive typically 4000 miles a month (get paid mileage - am gratefull and thank the welding gods for that.! :D).

Mods are numerous:

Secondary oil/fuel filtration, running a canned tune by banks (6gunPDA), Deep pan in the Ally, Transynd, TransGo Jr. (self installed), full new front end that is levelled: Cognito UCA & Steering braces - HD new Pitman/Idler, New tie rods with PPE sleeves, Bilstein 5100's fron NorCal, 30 Gallon Aux tank (homemade Alum) under the toolbox, All on Headlight mod with HID/Projectors in lows/PIAA bulbs in Hi + a pair of 510X PIAA driving lights, 4" AFE Turbo Back exhaust (kitty delete), Alien Patrol front bumper, Pump rub fix this friday and a PPE lift pump on order.!

Other bling: Vent visors, SS nerfs, Euro Tailights, Linex'd Box, CatchAll mats, All white painted door handles/tailgate handle and tow mirrors-debadged..running 265/75R16's Michelin XT M/S hwy tires on PYO's (summer) and some good cheapo 245 snow tires for winter on van rims painted white.
Sirius/TomTom/RIM for Tunes/Nav and Comm.

Been a member of DieselPlace for near 3 years.

Typical Hwy mileage is 19 mpg running at 65 mph.
Typical towing is 12 mpg
City - 14 or so.

I dont race or off road and have come here to read/learn things from those of you that race/sled pull /off road/engine rebuild etc. What you guys do out there and your experience with what works will help me keep my rig on the road for the 1 million miles I hope to get out of her.

Expensive hobby but I absolutely LOVE MY TRUCK.! and would not want to be in anyting else if Mr Moose decides to walk in front of me late at night.

Cheers and thanx,

stk

Welcome from a fellow canuck,, Im from fort McMurray here

Welcome from a fellow canuck,, Im from fort McMurray here

Thanx Lee/Mork.

hows things in the patch Mork..?? at $80 a barrel, things must be moving pretty good in Fort McNewfie...are they going ahead with any new construction..??

Just moved here last July from Cowtown...got out while the going was good. House I sold dropped 80K since then....phewwwww..!! (wipes brow)

at least I got to pay for the toys and bought relatively cheaper and bigger to boot. had i stayed...bankrupt for sure.! :D This was the main toy ... + a cpl of smaller ones: wifes car and the trailer.

2081029810047245006S500x500Q85.jpg

stk

Last edited:
Back