Gooseneck Hitches

explosives87

powder monkey
I am in need of a goose neck hitch and have been looking at B&W hitches is there any other that you would recommend and a good place to buy it.

B&W is the only way to go. hitch when u want it or just flip it over and have a complete flat bed if u dont need the hitch!

I have a B&W in mine and would put another one in a different truck in a heartbeat. I bought mine off of e-bay for a better deal than I could find locally with shipping included.

My next truck is going to get a B&W with the companion fifth wheel hitch. And I am with Travis, shop around on line and look for deals and sales if you are not in a hurry you can usually find some really good deals.

I've always had B&W turnovers and will never have anything else.

Build you own. I made this one. No moving parts and solid as hell. Forged ball is rated for 40K. Plasma cut 3/8" heat treated steel. I've never had a B&W, but have been through three other flip-up ball types. Anything with moving parts...will wear. Especially if you load the schidtt out of it like I do. I finally found a cure. I'd be glad to send you the electronic file if you want a metal shop to cut one out for you. The ball is Atwood brand 40K.

I used the mounting kit from my original Kurt Manufacturing Plate that has always been under my truck and make the plate fit it.

Top.jpg

Bottom.jpg

I love my b&w. Being able to flip the ball over quickly and have your bed flat sure makes it nice.

I love my b&w. Being able to flip the ball over quickly and have your bed flat sure makes it nice.

True...however, you still have to get in the bed to change it so it really isn't that much better than a flip over ball...unless they got some new stuff out I haven't seen. They DO make nice stuff, I'm not knockin' their quality. $.02

Im going to have to say B&W as well. I love mine. The only thing I would recommend is to keep the ball shank clean and greased, or else the dust and stuff will seize it in there.

Has anyone use a fold flat gooseneck hitch insted of a b&w. Yes 4x4dually I would like that file please.

Has anyone use a fold flat gooseneck hitch insted of a b&w. Yes 4x4dually I would like that file please.

Fold flats are ok, but like I said, I wore two of them out. I had a Kurt and another off brand from atwoods. The hinges will wear them they will slop all over the place. $.02

File located here. It is a .dxf. Most machine controlled plasma torches can import directly and cut from it.

http://www.possumspeckerband.com/junk/gp1.dxf

or they can program it directly from this:

http://www.possumspeckerband.com/junk/gp1.pdf

I used Grade 50 material as shown in the spec. I also use the safety bolts and springs from my old worn out fold over hitch so I don't know where to tell you to find those parts.

Ball at the bottom is the strongest rated one I could possibly find online.

Hitch Balls - Atwood Mobile

Last edited:

I don't know the brand of the one in the mega cab I bought but the ball slides down into the hole and doesn't turn over. it's beyond junk. I'll look at the name later.

I don't know the brand of the one in the mega cab I bought but the ball slides down into the hole and doesn't turn over. it's beyond junk. I'll look at the name later.

Do you flip a little key and then spin the ball a 1/4 turn then it drops? Yes. Junk. Wore it out too. LOL The name has "twist" something or another in it. I have a magnet cover on my toolbox at home. I'll look.

Found it. It is the "pull and twist" type shown here.

http://www.custompickup.com/putnam.htm

Last edited:
Do you flip a little key and then spin the ball a 1/4 turn then it drops? Yes. Junk. Wore it out too. LOL The name has "twist" something or another in it. I have a magnet cover on my toolbox at home. I'll look.

Mine is almost identical to a B&W but it doesn't turnover. You push and pull the lever just like one.

Mine is almost identical to a B&W but it doesn't turnover. You push and pull the lever just like one.

Dad has one of those in his CR. I think its called a pop up but can't remember for sure. It takes beyond two people to make it work. Normally you gotta beat the **** out of the little push lever and then jump under and beat the **** out of it some more and finally after about 20 mins of hammering and a soar arm it might be in the up position. Not worth a ****.
I've had a B&W in all three of my trucks and never had any issues. Use a dry graphite aerosol lubricant on the base and grease the ball like normal. Seems to work pretty good. If you get one I recommend cutting the little tab off that holds the pin out so some wise guy doesn't pull it out on you when you're parked.

B&W get's my vote. I've ran them in 2 trucks and know of about 8 others, can't buy a better hitch imo.

Dad has one of those in his CR. I think its called a pop up but can't remember for sure. It takes beyond two people to make it work. Normally you gotta beat the **** out of the little push lever and then jump under and beat the **** out of it some more and finally after about 20 mins of hammering and a soar arm it might be in the up position. Not worth a ****.
I've had a B&W in all three of my trucks and never had any issues. Use a dry graphite aerosol lubricant on the base and grease the ball like normal. Seems to work pretty good. If you get one I recommend cutting the little tab off that holds the pin out so some wise guy doesn't pull it out on you when you're parked.

Holy crap that's the same thing I have to do, I despise that hitch. If I didn't have to drop it down to put my dog box in the bed I would weld it into the up position.

Back