Got her dropped!

Update: Got new gasser coils on the way, along with new shocks. It was stupid hard to find the length I needed for a lowered 4wd. Ended up getting some NAPA gas shocks. I'm liking them, comparable to my bilsteins.

Also got new adjustable control arms on the way!

Cool! I'd love to lower mine one day, tires would rub though I think.

That's why I went to 33's from 37's LOL

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Heck I have 33's right now and they rub the plastic inner fenders, don't think I can go any lower than stock height on these wheels/tires.

What about the axle hitting oil pan...What does yours look like as far as clearance issues...

And what are you going to do for bump stops? Do you do any towing with the truck?

Hard to belive it.
I have 6 inch lift, longer control arms ,37 MTR and there is no extra room

I did it with 3in lift LOL

What about the axle hitting oil pan...What does yours look like as far as clearance issues...

Its going to be close, I'll have to take off my electric oil pan heater thing. Up and down will be fine, but its only 3/4in from the dropped sump part of the pan.

And what are you going to do for bump stops? Do you do any towing with the truck?

No front ones, and towing is fine, it's only going to be 2-3in below stock in the rear, and I'm going to use bags to keep her level while towing.

No front ones, and towing is fine, it's only going to be 2-3in below stock in the rear, and I'm going to use bags to keep her level while towing.

That's gonna suck.

I'm curious how much ride quality you're going to loose in the rear with those bags. I rode in two trucks with them and it was damn rough; truck was empty and bags had ~5-10psi.

That's gonna suck.

I'm curious how much ride quality you're going to loose in the rear with those bags. I rode in two trucks with them and it was damn rough; truck was empty and bags had ~5-10psi.

I'll put some kind of bump stop in there, i'm just removing the stock ones.

The bags will help tremendously. The rear is so soft now its ridiculous. And I'll let them down to nothing for DD'ing. They'll really just be for towing.

HM, forgot you took some springs out of the rear.

IIRC, all air bags are suppose to have some kinda air in them when empty. Something like ~5psi..

HM, forgot you took some springs out of the rear.

IIRC, all air bags are suppose to have some kinda air in them when empty. Something like ~5psi..

Ok, then I'll leave the minimum in there LOL Either way, anything to stiffen up the rear a little will be welcomed. My body roll is still bad. Better than when she was lifted, but still bad.

"Most people don't even think his truck is a diesel, because after all, it is lowered and the eight lugs are covered."

WTF? Is the truck completely silent?

Ha, you want to experience body roll? Next time you're down here I'll take you for a ride in the truck in my avatar.. If I hold the brake and apply some throttle I can get the driver side to raise a good 6''.

Back