got into the 11s

blackdieselram

over the winter i had upgraded a few parts on my truck and got to test them out last friday. first run i had some trouble spooling up then when it did it pulled through the beams lol. when i finally got it sorted out i ran an 11.9. second pass i had no trouble staging and was ale to run an 11.7@115.
the track was pretty busy so i didnt have any time to do any fine tuning or try my smarty on sw9. hopefully next time i get to the track i will be able to get closer to an 11.5.
those times were fuel only, cant wait to start spraying and see what it will do :rockwoot:

thanks.
i already have a 2 stage nx kit on my truck, just need to get an external gate before i can start spraying.

thanks.
i already have a 2 stage nx kit on my truck, just need to get an external gate before i can start spraying.

Good idea. My boost goes from 35psi to 52psi with nitrous, even with my external gate open!

my boost maxes out at 60 but my turbo doesnt have a gate. hate to see what it would do with spray lol

Wow, 11's are harder to obtain than most think. I'm still on the hunt for them and it's taken more work than I thought it would.

thats what i have heard. i have been pretty lucky so far, ran high 12s with stock nozzles, low 12s with stock cp3 and a little spray, now im pretty sure i can get mid 11s fuel only. just 3 times modding my truck and i made it without any special tuning. i guess my truck just likes to run.

thats what i have heard. i have been pretty lucky so far, ran high 12s with stock nozzles, low 12s with stock cp3 and a little spray, now im pretty sure i can get mid 11s fuel only. just 3 times modding my truck and i made it without any special tuning. i guess my truck just likes to run.

could you post your time slip.....

IMAG0041.jpg

I also have a video I will put up later.

Last edited:
IMAG0041.jpg

I also have a video I will put up later.

Nice, Nice Job!

I have never ran my truck at the track, but would like to. Are you doing 4 wheel boosted launches? If so, do you leave it in 4 wheel all the way down the track? Like I said, never done it, only 15 miles from Spokane Raceway Park, would appreciate any pointers you could give me.

Yeah, 4x4 boosted launch about 20 psi and take it out of 4x4 after I pass the 1/4 mark. Your trans needs to be well built though.

My truck has the electronic transfer case switch on the dash, not sure it will dis-engage under wot. DTT trans, billet input, but in 04 they only offered a single disc TC.

Never, ever had a desire to sled pull, but just putting it down the track...would love to see how quick it really is.

Back