got it started!!!!but need some help

YUTANCUMMINS

its really late so bare with me guys, well the first time around i screwed up the timing, smoked white like crazy, would barley run etc, but would rev over 2000 easily... so the second time i timed it where the pump was pinned at, started it up ran great, idled good, no smoke. but any thing after about 1300 it pops shakes smokes white/grayish bad and dosent want to rev any higher. I dont know what the pump is pinned at and im waiting on my timing tools. I have an airdog 165 with the reg. all the way in, fuel shutoff all the way up, so theres fuel there. I dont get how it runs fantasic at idle, and then goes to crap, if it was timing wouldnt it run like crap in the lower rpms also????but im young and dont know too much yet. haha if im missing some info u need just ask i might not be able to post till friday evening tho(workin)...

Thanks for any help guys, i just need to get this figured out so i have a way to get to high school this year:rockwoot:

btw..runnin 150 ddps at vp specs till i get my 240s

my truck did the same thing try letting it worm up to see if that helps do you have the truck all put to gerther like gride heater and cooling system

starts easy, do not have truck put together yet am using a garden hose to circulate water through the block, no turbo piping. will try to bump up the timing i bet that pump is pinned at stock timing, thanks again will let you know what happens!!!

starts easy, do not have truck put together yet am using a garden hose to circulate water through the block, no turbo piping. will try to bump up the timing i bet that pump is pinned at stock timing, thanks again will let you know what happens!!!

I would put everything back together before you start really messing with everything, this is a turbo diesel and is designed to run with the turbo piping to be connected, meaning it needs forced air, not NA air, just my .02

Between idle and 2500rpm your only looking at 2-5psi in free rev. Just bump the timing and see what it does.

I would check timing set it at 18 deg and put the tubo piping on then see how it runs just my 2 cents

It'll Rev to 4k without the turbo hooked up if it wants. I know cause I've done it with no issues on several trucks. He needs more timing.

Yeah I added some more timing it runs great now, starting to button it up now will see how it does on the street.

Back