got on it . now wont start

scroshba06

put edge on 6 (hot) and got on it for about 10 seconds. let out and truck died . now wont restart. truck was cold.....cracked injectors, has fuel.

did you crack 1, 3, and 4 and have high pressure fuel squirting out.... I think its just air locked hard. I've air locked it so hard that I can have some fuel slowly dribbling out of the lines while cranking on and off for 2 min. until it starts.

If its not that, do a key dance and see if it threw any codes

Lavon

Did you let out quick? Like full throttle to no throttle instantly? If so I would agree it is airlocked. Sometimes it really takes some cranking with the lines cracked to get em refired.

Its air loacked or the VP just died. Thats how my last one went out.

mine does the same if you get into it hard, then let off it shuts down. its been a real pain to bleed. Crack those lines. I usually have my wife crank and i watch when fuel comes out I close that line off and move on to the next till it fires. Scared the piss out of me the first time it happend!!

Your VP died. The head siezed and broke the shaft (internally).$.02

Well my tuck done the same thing and i thought that it was a bad vp, but i was messing around with it and disconnected the batteries. After doing so i reconnected the batteries and it fired up. Checked the codes later with a smarty and is read that the ecm had lost comm. with injector pump.

cracked 1,3,4 still nothing. im going to try 1,2,4,5,6 tonight and see what is does. i just had the vp44 changed about 2 months ago.

mine used to do that all the time. You may also want to check the head gasket that is how mine let go, especially if it was cold.

Minor spelling fix. Don't want the young kids of America searching Google for Either when they're really looking for Ether. :hehe:

Thanks. There is a can in my truck at all times. But I do not have a grid heater anymore. lol

question is are u getting fuel when u crack the lines??? The first time it happend to me it took like 10 or 15 min of cranking before fuel came. I did notice when it happend that it was funny how when i cycled the key my air dog would run constantly. Then bam the fuel started pouring when I cracked the lines. and even before i ever cracked the lines it was another 10+minutes of cranking. It seems this is rather common problem though. Give her some more cranking till u get fuel. If need be unscrew the lines a full turn or two.

I still dont understand to this day how it gets air in the system. I mean its a sealed system and I bought a air dog because it suposedly only supplies pure fuel and like u said preasure on the gauge never drops below 13 ever on either of my fuel presure gauges. So there for it should always have constant presure and never lose prime. I imagine it cant be too good for the vp though.

Good luck I hope it works out for you.

Back