Got some numbers

kc04

Welding my life away!!!
Today i made 444 and 825 in 4th. Clutch was gone we tried to load it up in 5th and it broke loose about 2300 but still made 452. I was extremely happywith it..
.I never expected it to be anywhere close to that!
1st pull with comp off 302
2nd comp on 1x5 364
3rd comp on 3x5 418
4th comp on 5x5 452 and clutch let go at 2300 rpm
5th comp on 5x5 444 in 4th gear
Thats with regular comp.

Good job KC! Glad you like the charger.

It really woke this thing up! There was some other 24v guys there with more fuel and air that made about the same. The biggest thing that got me was the comp box i got is old as dirt and has been through hell. Half the lights work and it gets stuck on 5x5 some times. I was thinkin about getting rid of it and going to something else. Now i think im gonna leave that busted up box it cause it obviously works! I couldnt belive stock clutch held it. It only got 230k on it. Max egt was 1350. Of course it would have been more if it wouldhave loaded!

Nice numbers for a few mods on a vp44. Low egts too, gotta get a clutch in it now

Thanks guys im workin on the clutch issue. Im probaly goin with small dd. I couldnt belive it but we made about 10 pulls with it and it was about 1-2 hp difference. I would have been beside myself with 400 but for the money i got into it i got lucky. All i wanted was 400 but now i think i scewed up because im so close to 500 to turn back. I wonder what it would have laid down with clutch that would hold. Maybe 460!!! Yall think torque was a lil low do to clutch!

Probably close. I'm no vp guy but id say you could get there with some water meth

Thats what we were gonna try after we see what happens with a clutch.

Im thinking that something is wrong with my vp. My truck runs great but its hard starting. It takes alot of cranking to get started. I have checked for leaks and put in new connector tubes and o-rings. The last thing i can think of is the electronics on the vp. I was having a battery issue a while back. The batteries went dead a few times while sitting and I accidentaly fried one while charging it. The batteries were sealed batteries. The only thing I can think of is that I fried the vp electronics. It sucks because my vp only has about 10,000 miles on it. Its always had good pressure and it ran fine before I parked it for the winter and the batteries went dead.

I did 476/936 with a set of 125hp injectors and a 62/65/12 running a drag comp. That was in 07 on Dunbars dynojet.

There was a guy there with 150s quad torque tune and 64-65-14 that made 457 with a ho truck. To me ho trucks feel great below 2k rpm then fall bad above 2k! Thats just what i noticed with the ones ive drove and been around.

Back