Got to test drive Terry's (soulezoo) ball bearing twin setup!!

jaredb900rr

Terry (soulezoo) was kind enough to let me test drive his new ball bearing twin setup...wow! :rockwoot: Can you say insta-spool? And these flow enough air to put him well into the 800hp range! I love my twin setup (62/71/13SS over S474), but I wish my setup spooled quicker so I could have more fun driving them around town (I'm at 4000ft elevation). Don't get me wrong, once spooled up, it's an absolute beast...but after driving Terry's truck, I'm looking for more. It seems like these ball bearing turbos provide the best of both worlds, insanely quick spool-up coupled with tons of airflow for high hp. Thanks again Terry, I'm jealous of your setup!

Jared

Details about the chargers would be appreciated. Brand, size, whatever you have.

Thats good to hear! especialy comin from someone who has twins.

I pmed Terry back and forth before I pulled the trigger on my twins, and I am very happy with mine but if money wasnt an issue I would be runnin ball bearing too. I just happened to get a deal on the BDs I couldnt pass up.

Details about the chargers would be appreciated. Brand, size, whatever you have.

the secondary is a Garrett gt4094r and the primary is a custom gt4518r.

Thanks for the kind words Jared-- glad you liked it. Sorry it didn't cure cancer though...

But I can help the malaria and west nile virus problem by spraying for mosquitos. :hehe:

The GT4094R flows similar to what a silver bullet flows but spools like a stocker. The custom GT4518 flows more air than a super dave.

Jared is your set up hard to spool? I am going to go with my 62/71/14 over an s480 and I will be set up similar to your other mods. Do you think spool up is a problem? I am also doing a lot of head work so i am hoping that will help.

That Tab you're drinkin' will cause cancer.. beer is better...

good thing I found the cure!!!

cowbellmore.jpg

When I first installed them, they spooled great. Not too much lag at 4000ft elevation. The two times I went to California, it spooled up VERY quick but still not like Terry's. His truck is making 4-6psi boost while cruising at 60mph!!!

Back