gotta few questions need advice

cummin95

Concrete King/Welder
Hey guys did some research not alot of what i was looking for sorry if its been a wore out thread but im wanting to kinda turn the truck around from the direction its been looking for a little bit of a more extreme set up.

Right now i have a single 66/74/16 with 200s and its a 6 speed truck but i have pretty much made my mind up on a auto swap. Im wanting a manual valvebody so if i do pull the truck it still has a chance but more less for racing it. Question is what would be a good setup for say a 66 over say a 480 or maybe a large garrett. Im gonna go up towards a 300hp injector and definately want the tranny swap just kinda looking for more input on a good way to go:bow:

How streetable are you looking to keep your truck? I am going with a 66 over a S480 and 300s and plan on keeping it streetable.

This of course to be determined. There are alot of other factors to your goals. A cam is a big factor. Fully ported head. Nitrous?

How much money you want to invest is a huge factor too.

Chris at ED can help. Or drturbo seems to have a ton of great info. Get in touch with these guys and I'm sure they can help.

Chris at ED is doing my turbo system. We are switching to a billet wheel to help spool as soon as possible.

That 66mm might be a perfect secondary with a tighter housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

yeah i understand that im hoping for the moment to keep it streetable but i do have a cam and dual cp3 both with arson kits to be exact 240hp injectors already have the 3pc ats manifold 110LB valve springs getting prices on the head right now and i was taling to a few other people about getting a billet wheel

What tranny you running

Running a 4r100. It's going in a 2005 F-350 king ranch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

oh ok got ya wow that should be cool thats a good looking truck to put it in

im just having issues with figuring out the tranny i know i want a manual vb but have no clue what all it consist of doing it

Sorry I can't be of more help. I will watch thus thread. I really should go the same route as you but I have a 4r100 in my shop. And BTS gives a lifetime warranty on his Trannys and he's 120 miles away

yeah i dont blame ya if ya have it but i gotta get rid of this slow 5600

How street friendly is a full manual valve-bodied auto??

I'm not saying it's not, just doesn't seem too ideal. But maybe it's just perfect for what u want?

Good luck

its not gonna be straight up street everyday but i still want the option if its there

Back