Gotta new LMM dually.. Need advice on Level kit..

wpeschel

Psyko
I got a new 09 lbz dually today.. I need advice on leveling it. I want to run larger tires on it what kit do yall recommend?

Attachments

• new truck.jpg
    new truck.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 63
You got a LMM . LBZ is what LMM replaced. I would just crank the bars at first.

TRUXX makes a key and shock and block 3/1 kit for 200 could probably find one cheaper... bosses 2500 09 runs 35's on it. looks pretty tough and easy 2 hour untrained install

TRUXX makes a key and shock and block 3/1 kit for 200 could probably find one cheaper... bosses 2500 09 runs 35's on it. looks pretty tough and easy 2 hour untrained install

Any pics of said trucks? Thanks Swole..

Longer shocks and raise the torsion bars up. That's all I have done to mine.

Keys are not needed crank the bars and either get longer shocks or shock extenders. The front ends are the same on 01-09 2500hd's.

I got the shock extenders on and the torsion bars cranked up all the way, and still have a inch I can still come up before it bottoms out.. I will be purchasing keys in the very near future after Christmas.. Thanks folks..

Don't do that. You need that inch for down travel of the suspension. If you max out it will be the roughest ride of all; every time you go over a bump you'll feel the front suspension bottom out.
If you want more you'll need a Cognito upper control arm and keys to go with it but only use the keys with the arms.

Don't do that. You need that inch for down travel of the suspension. If you max out it will be the roughest ride of all; every time you go over a bump you'll feel the front suspension bottom out.
If you want more you'll need a Cognito upper control arm and keys to go with it but only use the keys with the arms.

I thought it was 5/8 down travel? I plan on the getting the keys for now, and then getting the cognito arms kit when I can afford it.. Thanks ..

Most vendors say 3/4 but we're talking fractions of an inch. Mine are right at 1" or between that and 3/4"

cognito leveling kit is the best kit out there..

a bit pricey but its like anything else you get what you pay for

I got the keys installed. I have right at 3/4 space until the UCA's bottom out... The ride seems to be as it was with just the torsion bars cranked up. Went over a few good bumps in the pasture to make sure the suspension wasnt going to bottom out.. Goin in on Monday for a front end alignment job.. Gonna get the Cognito kit later in the year.. It's sits just like I want it too now.. Now I need to get some real rubber on here and get rid of the pizza cutters..

Back