Governor hainging up

Jff24Gordn

FIRE
I got a used set of "hold my beer springs" and got the truck running with them tonight. After some playing around, it got it to finally idle at 800 rpms. But it wants to hang at 1300. When it gets warm, it will cimb up to 1300 by its self.
Ant suggestions?

Even my 4K's will do that if there too tight, what kind of shape is your Gov assy in? The reason I ask is the 887 on my 98' has a sloppy Gov assy and this is definately part of the issue with me.

There is a reason I didn't install the 5K's in that pump.

Jim

Well the governor seems to work well before. It would free rev to the moon and never had a lope to it, but I knew that it wasn't fueling all the way out the top of the track.
Maybe I'll just set the idle to the rpms it wants to stick at instead of the cold rms.

I guess I didn't fully explain this morning over coffee!

What I meant to say is if the pins are worn in the Gov assy it will tend to make the idle rough or run up with too tight of Gov springs. On mine I even pulled the Gov housing off and changed the pump phasing only to make it worse, so again I pulled it and put it back like it was minus 1/2 turn.....back to the same.

Mine either idles rough in gear or out but you can have both, smooth or rough and sometimes it wants to run away to 1600 or hang there until it has a load.

Jim

Back