Great payout Billings MO Labor Day Weekend

I could give a dead mooses last chit bout getting beat by a truck that just means i gotta do something different and make more power.

Just when I thought I might get my chit together this winter and get the 1ton ready to pull ws in the upcoming season... Might change my mind for a bit lol. Focus on the drag truck build

I pointed out to you darrell that i had 2 sets of rules that they gave me. I brought u set you looked thru it and pointed out to me that it said no water. I then told u its been like that. U went to dwayne he changed it no discussion end of story. We went on yada yada. I agree there needs to be a meeting in the off season to get the rules straight forward for next year. The president and diesel pullers only. The one thing that pisses me off the most is not following rules and payout. Take Jasper for ex. When stokes was asked to pull up in prostreet to fill class and then not get paid for 1st place. Nobody is gonna bump up a class for nothing, where u place is where u place and you should get paid for it. Plain and simple.

I was just going to make my one post but:

I will agree that you should get paid for what place you end up. But the rule is not a new one and you know yourself it was not made up the other night since you know about Stokes.

This is where the members have to get together and ask for a change. Or they just have to cut out class jumping. Or the rule needs to be explained to everyone and make sure everyone completely understands the rule and how it works.

Like I said, I just think this all boils down to a lot of mis-communication or lack of communication and a whole LOT of confusion.

I have no dog in this fight but class jumping should be allowed in diesel classes. most orgs. allow it and they pay u whatever place u get. we've dun it for years with mmttpa. alot of the 2.6 trucks will also pull 3.0 & another rule i would change for next year is the 8500. That needs to be 8000 cause thats even pushin it for a 1 ton driveline these days & like pony kegger most dedicated pullin trucks cant even hang enuff to get to 8500. just my 2 cents on stuff you might discuss changin for next year. i plan on comin to billings. hope theres a good turn out

I know that at the Missouri state fair we hung 8500 if you were 2.8 to compete with the 8000 lb 3.0. Wasn't an issue. DHRA at the large events wouldn't allow class jumping, Platte City one year when the 3.0 had a really low turnout let the dedicated 3.0 trucks have the first places, and then the others could jump up and compete for the rest.
In growing organizations, especially if your trying to grow the class, I can see how SMTTPA is doing it and the point. It doesn't say you can't jump, just says your only getting the lower places.

And the majority of the big pulls ya go too ts, platte city, sheids, any ppl pull is 8000#

And the majority of the big pulls ya go too ts, platte city, sheids, any ppl pull is 8000#

Yes, but on the tracks down that way, 8500 wouldn't hurt anything. It actually should be a blessing to folks that are used to pulling on good tracks.

Very rare is it we have a track that bites like that black dirt, a lot more sand in the soil.

I agree that there are very valid points that we need to discuss this year and they will be addressed. I kinda got thrown into this deal as being a board member. We are trying to make this work. I too believe that 8000 should be the rule so that we do follow suit with all of the surrounding associations. That isn't my class, I pull WS that is 8000. I hung weights at 2 pulls and said the heck with it because I couldn't tell that much difference. All of the other pullers in the 2.6 had always weighed 8500 so that's what they went with.

We do allow the class jumping if there isn't a full class and how that is paid out will be discussed this year but with 4 pulls left why change it now. It has been this way for 4 years and has never been an issue until now. Why address something if it wasn't a problem before.

I hope to see a bunch of good running trucks and if you have any questions fire away.

I'm trying to find out a rain date if this hurricane pushes rain up here on Saturday.

Pulls are canceled for tonight. We are going to plan for next Saturday.

Yeah there's water standing on the track and it's still trying to rain.

Alright, you wanna get stomped in WS by a vp truck?

Back