Group-Buy / Algrip Lockers - Vacuum operated...

angelic0-

If the demand is there, i can possibly supply Algrip lockers for any type of truck...

alg______a_____g

I just need to see if there is any interest, and get a number of interested people so that i can send to the maker...

The Algrip lockers have been discontinued because of the currency market in 2007, with the weakness of the ISK (Icelandic Krona) this may come as a benefit for anyone with USD (US Dollar) or EUR (Euro)...

Algrip used to specialize in Toyotas and other trucks that ARB and other locker manufacturers did not supply lockers for...

With the manufacturer back in buisness, and considering the ISK / USD and ISK / EUR status in the market... we should be looking at reasonable prices, especially in a group buy !

This is a vacuum operated 100% locker, as opposed to the ARB 100% pneumatic locker...

Lockers will be available for probably all Dana axles, and others on demand...

Please post in here if interested !

Last edited:
price on Dana 60 for a Dodge? 30 spline or 35 spline

I am waiting for the prices, it is actually dependant on how many show interest...

I am trying to get a quote for 25 units, i will see where it goes from there...

Put me in the list for a quote on Dana 60 35 splined 3.54s and Dana 80 37 splined 3.54 gears too.

I'm sticking with ARB, I just purchased the one for the front end of my 01 Chevy 2500... We will be installing it soon.

Curious though... you say they mainly offer lockers for Toyotas and such... Do they have lockers available for 3/4 and 1-ton US trucks or just Euro stuff? Are they going to develop new stuff and sell it to you at a discount since it is unproven for big truck stuff and you will be the testbed? How will you be supplying the vacuum to lock the diff? Why vacuum rather than air pressure?

With an ARB you can run tools and inflate tires off the compressor, what can you do with a vacuum pump? How much cheaper would they be than an ARB or E-Locker?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but it would have to be a pretty darn good discount to get people to buy something expensive for their truck that is untried...

These lockers have been tested and tried at extreme conditions, Front Dana60 locker was available before they discontinued their whole product line and not a single unit was returned, there were some claim cases for 8,2" Toyota Tacoma lockers but they got sorted out and warranty on these units will be as with others.

The only thing new on their product line from before are lockers for AAM, and bigger than Dana 60 axles, and i have full trust and beleif in this company. I for one am only getting a locker for my front as i already have a TrueTrac in my rear.

In our conditions of snow and ice these lockers have proven BETTER than the ARB lockers which trend to break the 6mm bolts in the bigger lockers, and the 4mm bolts in the smaller lockers (Japanese trucks).

ARB lockers do not supply you with a compressor do they? You will have to upgrade your truck with a pneumatic system. That part alone is costly and for some who do not have intent of using pneumatic tools, this will come in handy.

The vacuum operated system has proven more reliabilty with the small amount of units sold (well over 1000 though) as NONE have been returned besides the Toyota 8,2" units which i beleive had some sort of material defect.

I will update the thread as soon as i have more info on pricing, but anyone interested should still keep posting on the thread.

Thanks for the clarification, it sounded like it would be all new stuff and the Toyota stuff was all I could find in a Google search.

With an ARB you still need to buy a compressor which can be small n cheap for only the locker or big n more expensive to run air tools. I chose the big one and a 1 gallon tank so I should be able to run virtually any air tool I want from my truck...

I'm hoping to get a price quote in the next days, everything is slowly coming from a stop after new-years :')

Is the factory dodge vacume source that's already there enough for it to operate if its no longer used for the disconnect axle.

assuming that the vacuum pump is fully functional, it should apply sufficient vacuum operation to both supply vacuum to the axle actuator and locker...

Back