Gt4202r

little6cylinder

Everything is "fixable"
One of my friends has an 04 LB7 with 20% over injectors, an LBZ pump, a trans, and a 200GPH lift pump. He ended up with a gt4202r with a T4 and a T6 exhaust housings. He is trying to decide if he should compound it over the stock charger or run it has a single. I thought the turbine side was a little tight to run as a LP turbo but figured I'd ask. I know quite a few people run them as singles on duramax's but he tows a 35ft camper and a boat regularly. Any opinions would be appreciated.

A friend of mine put a gt4202 on a stock 03 chevy with a converter and a triple dog. With a gated 1.28ar turbine housing, it makes 45psi total and drives like a dream... Like stock but bigger.. With less than 1000 degrees on pyro at any time..

As long as he had the gated housing or external gate so he doesn't overspeed that turbo, then he should be just fine.

A friend of mine put a gt4202 on a stock 03 chevy with a converter and a triple dog. With a gated 1.28ar turbine housing, it makes 45psi total and drives like a dream... Like stock but bigger.. With less than 1000 degrees on pyro at any time..

As long as he had the gated housing or external gate so he doesn't overspeed that turbo, then he should be just fine.

Your friend is running his in a compound setup?

Yes. I haven't been there to play with it much, but he loves driving it compounded on stock turbo...
But his is a gated stocker as the secondary.

Thanks. I think hes leaning towards running it as the lp charger.

6EB1F3B4.jpg

F808E1E5.jpg

Here's a few pics of his truck. It tows really good and he doesn't want to lose that. That's the only hesitation with running it as a single.

Back