GTA42 experts, please

I'm not sure.
I googled titanium to see how to identify it, there's a few technical methods which I probably won't bother trying.
It does say that titanium has high corrosion resistance, so with this wheel having the corrosion pits on it would make me think it's aluminium.

Titanium would be cool though!

pretty sure it was a Garrett. It was also coated in a high temp cover. Looks like I didn't take any pics of the backside of it though. But I recall there being a number marking of some sort.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436633516.263700.jpg

Or no. The number was on the stock wheel. The coating has covered everything on the billet wheel.

So it was the same size/design wheel? Did you just change it for the strength?

It is the same as far as I know. I got it from Smokem on here. I have faith it's the real deal.

I bought it strictly cause I saw it for sale just as I got my hands on my new turbo. And for the price I couldn't say no.

I find it interesting that they made billet versions of this wheel. I thought the purpose of it being boreless was to add strength for the high cycle apps, but why add being billet to some and not others?

The billet wheel has a higher density/ tighter more consistent grain structure making it stronger. Most of the oems use billets for added durability in high cycle apps like garbage trucks that see constant idle to wide open throttle cycles.
This. Concrete trucks, municipal trucks, and modern vgt turbos are implementing them more. Constant turbine speed changes all day long require better materials in the oem.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Just a quick update to this, I have a 4294 in the truck currently so I was going to swap the billet wheel into the 4202 since it was out of the truck. The local turbo guy who balances my turbos for me informed me that the billet wheel turned out to be bent and can't be used.
It will be a nice wall ornament now.

Back