GTX4508R on a stock 5.9 common rail

06 5.9

*MIC DROPPER*
Just wanted to share the results so far with the new garrett… Truck has 183K mile stock 5.9 common rail…

Stock head, cam, bottom end
Hamilton 110's and extreme duty pushrods
exergy 150% over 143* motorsport nozzles
single 6.7 10.6 stroker pump from motorsport diesel
stainless diesel t4 exhaust manifold

Firepunk Comp stage 2
DPC triple disc…150rpm lower than stock stall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPFRyrvy42M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA5qldfIZvQ

Dual pumps are going on tomorrow and the chase for 10's should end this weekend weather permitting.

Last edited:
Supposed to be super nice on Sunday.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.
I know… Im debating on waiting till sunday but I probably won't lol… Im thinking maybe saturday as long as its not raining.

Nice way to piss off the neighbors lol. Nice truck, seems to run well. What's the specs on that 4508?

Yeah about them… lol and thanks… Its just a box gtx4508r 80/87/1.01 t4

Doesn't spool bad at all. How does it do driving around town?

Its not bad at all… I have modified the trans tuning tables a little bit in efi and I have the truck making the 1-2 shift happening at 25mph 2-3 at 35mph and the 3-4 at 45 with lockup coming in at 50mph.

It runs really clean as well and Im hoping to have a around town video showing the smoke output soon.

I know… Im debating on waiting till sunday but I probably won't lol… Im thinking maybe saturday as long as its not raining.

But I can't come watch Saturday lol.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

I hate you right now. Your getting a 80mm turbo to build boost under 1500 where my piece of shat fleece doesn't even think about it till 1800, with a spool flange! I hate this turd, rant off..

Back on topic, that's awesome man

I hate you right now. Your getting a 80mm turbo to build boost under 1500 where my piece of shat fleece doesn't even think about it till 1800, with a spool flange! I hate this turd, rant off..

Back on topic, that's awesome man

Whats the specs on your cam? If you want torque and low end response. Regardless of what turbo... THE BEST cam for that application is a stock cam. Gears, Tires, Tuning... All also play a part.

Caleb

What turbo were you running for your "old numbers"

borg warner s480/87/.90 FMW/Race cover... Could never get it spooled at the track... I used to run a garmon trans and well... I don't anymore

My new converter from DPC is much better and the garrett just takes off.

Back