Guess the dyno number....

480rwhp w/injectors
505rwhp w/injectors and DV's
Timing seems off, checking that next, then probably trying a pusher pump.

480rwhp w/injectors

I wasnt to far off....

I'll be at Schied if I get a cookie or something for playing the guess that hp game :lolly:

Truck still cleans up to clear once the boost hits....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxdiFqzoZWk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxdiFqzoZWk[/ame]

The DV your using and depending on the plate and setings has a huge effect on your fueling. Put full cuts in it and bet you would see 530-550hp. Oh and it wont be as clear on top ...lol

One more thing what gov springs are in it ?

Last edited:
And iirc it was being force fed.

I'm pretty sure Ron's lift pump has been gutted and is used only as an adapter for fuel line fittings.

In reality he's got a mechanical pump downstream of that which is being fed by two A1000's in parallel that are plumbed back to a fuel cell that's actually maintaining a constant 12psig from the force of teh fuel being sent back from the regulator return.

I would have thought that you would have been at least 600. Hell i did 643 with a 160 and a single 64 turbo with ddp4s. Must be my northern cali pixy dust that the key. Too bad you live so far away. I might have given you some overspray of the pixey dust to help you along. :poke:

480rwhp w/injectors

Dang, I was off by 5 HP!!!!!

Try a pusher pump, you'll pickup almost 80 HP.

I've spent hundreds of hours at the track playing with my 160 with the same size injectors and DV's. Your cleaned up fuel is not injector and DV related, it's lift pump pressure.

I'm not there at the shop, but your perceived timing problem is probably low fuel pressure leaving un-filled plungers which is delaying injection start.

.... Once the RPM crests 2800.......

Watch your boost gauge, I'll bet it starts to fall around 3200 rpm. It's not from the motor increasing VE, it's from a lack of drive pressure due to the pump defueling.

Have fun, take lots of pictures, and write a good article in the magazine.

I want to see at least 600 HP out of that setup!

This is Jason, on Erick's screen-name. We're doing a pusher pump right now and seeing what it picks up. WOT pressure is about 10psi right now.

This is Jason, on Erick's screen-name. We're doing a pusher pump right now and seeing what it picks up. WOT pressure is about 10psi right now.

It's going to pick up power for sure. Mine was down to 10-12 WOT and you could feel it down on power. Too bad I never got the chance to put my airdog on.

Good luck!

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

I be you can get another 40hp with more fuel pressure.

I'd say with that fueling 600hp is doable. I did 564hp with 5x.012 ddp and stock delivery valves with a single 66. I have an airdog though

Pusher pump added another 35hp, up to 540rwhp. No more time for anything else, have to go hit the sand drags ;)

Pusher pump added another 35hp, up to 540rwhp. No more time for anything else, have to go hit the sand drags ;)

Dang, I was so confident you'd see 80 HP from the pusher pump, oh well...

By the way, how much fuel pressure was it maintaining with the pusher pump during the dyno runs?

Also, does the pump have a 2095 rack plug, modified AFC, and removed fuel plate?

Dang, I was so confident you'd see 80 HP from the pusher pump, oh well...

By the way, how much fuel pressure was it maintaining with the pusher pump during the dyno runs?

Also, does the pump have a 2095 rack plug, modified AFC, and removed fuel plate?

No need to remove the plate. Just need to tune, tune ,tune.

Brad , whats your preferred way to tune? And what spring(s) Do you like in the afc? Just seems like everyone has a different way

I 've forgotten to turn on my FASS a couple of times. It made less than 20hp difference on a mid 1000 pull. Might make more of a difference at full fuel. The stock lift pump works better than most give it credit.

Back