H&S custom tuning

cu2500

How is everyone liking H&S custom tuning they have available now? They say its easy to learn is that true? any input is appreciated because I'm thinking about running it on my 2012. thanks

I've talked to a few folks that messed around with it and they seem to like it. Really havent heard anything on how ease of use. But with any custom tuning its a learning process unless you get a tune from someone else. The thing that really stinks is Black Maxx is no longer available and they have NO plan right now of replacing it with anything. So your choices are buy a used Black Maxx or go with the Mini Maxx. XRT will not support the custom tuning.

Been working on the shifting program with the H&S. Probably have about 3 hours into it now with TC lockup's in 2nd and 3rd based on TP. Just came back this morning from 12 hours on the road towing and very happy with the results. Couple of changes on a later 4th shift and it's good to go. Haven't had much time since I'm spending more time on the 7.3 tuning with my abacus.

I like it so far. Minus the no data logging. Having great results with it as well.

Creating tunes is a little more time consuming than EFI. But for a first offering I think that H&S did a great job. Bentley is working on the data logging feature right now. And hopefully will have that out pretty soon.

To the few guys wondering I did not feel comfortable tuning myself even though i had every intentions of doing so. I felt better having someone right me a tune. A few hundred dollar tune from someone who knows what they are doing versus me grenading a 40k+ truck in a few seconds was worth it to me.

Just so happens Dave Mathews is the one that did the tuning for me and im very happy with the tune over a canned H&S tune i was using. EGTs are down a little bit. Tune is virtually smokeless. Seems to pull alot harder. I will know better what it will do powerwise at the end of october as thats when ill be on a dyno again. As far as 1/4 mile times go i will no better in the beginning of october when i go back to the track.

Once i get that far i can post up some results and compare them to what the canned tunes did vs. the tune Dave wrote for me. I do know that there were a few trucks ive raced from rolls before the custom tune that would start to pull away from me and with this custom tune im pulling away from them. So i would say its worth it in that respect.

I'd like to use it too instead of loosing money switching to efi and trying to sell my BM/Mp 8. I guess though I could end up burning through more money when I tear my truck up cause I don't know what I'm doing with the programming! I guess it's best to just leave that to the professionals!

Back