H&S Fuel rail plug

6.7 rail pressure plug, go's in place of the relief valve in the head and doesnt allow any fuel to bleed off from the rail

i have installed alot of them

I run the H&S Hot Damn 175 tune and have never had any problems without one. ...I've been told the relief valve was beefed up on the 4th gens, appearently problems are more common on the 3rd gens as far as fuel rail reliefs go

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of plugs. For testing and diagnostic purposes yes. That's basicly what they are when your in a dealership scene. I like T&C diesels relief valves.

ive have also heard the 4th gens dont really need the plug or shim even, they withstand more than the old ones before popping

I wonder what the differance is? Any body got a part number for the two trucks? 07.5-09 and 2010-2012? Interchangable?

I wonder what the differance is? Any body got a part number for the two trucks? 07.5-09 and 2010-2012? Interchangable?

I believe the Fuel Rail Relief valve is the same in 1st and 2nd gen 6.7L's, I remember looking them up a while back. I just think 2nd's gens dont need it since there isnt any tuning that is commanding above 25k psi to my knowledge. $.02

First drive line breakage and injectors see to much pressure don't be wineing when you need a new engine because of a 5$ bolt...

Im running the plug. Take the good advice u dont want your weaklink to be your injectors or who knows what. I wouldn't recomend it just like everyone has said its there for a reason. i have not had no trouble (yet) i have talked to to many knowledgeable ppl to continue to run mine . I will be pulling my plug soon since I just got a good relief valve again. Just think like this you have 25k+ in yout rail if something went wrong and it spiked to 30k or what ever crazy number failure is likely to happen but where? It's up to u

Last edited:
Back