H11's vs 625 ARP's

I have heard the h11's are between the 625's and the arp 425's in tensile strength but not sure if that's the truth

Mathematically the ARP 625s (260ksi) are 18% stronger than the A1 H11s (220ksi) in the same size. Also 14mm studs are 44% stronger than the same 12mm stud, 14mm H11s are 21% stronger than 12mm 625s, and 14mm 625s are 70% stronger than 12mm H11s.

How many ft lbs? Number of torque's?

150 and was the 1st tq, probably was a bad stud. I might switch to some 14mm 625's next time. There is another metal ARP makes but it is proprietary to another company that id love to try.

taylor, how much boost do you run?

They will hold a 100+, ive got a new motor going together that i might try the 14's in, just waiting on injectors. :poke: :poke:

I've been running 14mm H-11's for a long time without issue. Use to be at 60psi but, now running 80 to 90. They've been in and out of the truck several times. When I install them, I go to 50, then 100 then 150 w/ 2 retorques. One thing I recommend if going with these or any stud is to cover the water jacket studs with anti-seize. It helps keep the rust at bay.

Throwing it out there but Keating uses/recommends stock head bolts. I would think it has something to do with how you O-ring or firering your head or block, maybe not.

speaking of that,, Jeff Garmon has done some pretty amazing things with stock head bolts too....

Taylor, unless you pay big time (for a retool) ARP does not make a 625 14mm stud.. Torrey Worenka (a local guy up here) had them make him some,, it was quite a bill.

So from what I am reading here,, and what I have been reading on the internet. 625's are technically better,, but wether or not they are 300 dollars better is really the question. And I am thinking that the H11's will probably hold just as good in a race engine anyways,, does this sound like a fair observation?

speaking of that,, Jeff Garmon has done some pretty amazing things with stock head bolts too....

Taylor, unless you pay big time (for a retool) ARP does not make a 625 14mm stud.. Torrey Worenka (a local guy up here) had them make him some,, it was quite a bill.

ARP says they have never made any, sounds like they dont want to do it again.

On my old engine I ran the 2000's at 80+ no problems untill I turned up the timing a little too much.. lol

I'd say it depends a lot on block/head condition and type of work done. That being said I'm only running 425's. Time will tell.

I ran 425's on my 6.7 pushing 60 psi and kept lifting the head to the point that air was puking coolant out the overflow. I switched to 625's and no issues. No other head work except decking it.

Back