Haisley race bearings

:pop: also would like some info I was going to use them but if they are no good I will reconsider. What are you all using instead of the race bearings?

I run Scheid race bearing and have never had an issue. I tried to gey the Haisley race bearing a while back and they quit selling them because they were having problems with the coating. So I went back and got the Scheid ones and they look good as new when checked after a season.

Last edited:
i just received a set of haisley's race bearings and they look similar to the cummins bearings, except for the oil groove is wider. nice looking and polished to a mirror finish.
as far as issues we will see

I cant get the sheid ones at cost though :-/ LOL
Ill probably run clevite.

Last edited:
Thank you.

I talked to Haisley a bit about these and they don't recommend coating them. They told me they are uncoated and they hold up better for extreme boost/rpm applications but they only reccomend them in a DD if you are VERY good about changing your oil since they are so much harder they are less forgiving then the stock ones.

Have any of you guys used these? I've had very good luck with Haisley's stuff just wanting some more information before ruining a block or set of $2500 rods.

Thanks, John

dont spend your money on performance bearings. stock are more than enough for the power your wanting to make.

dont spend your money on performance bearings. stock are more than enough for the power your wanting to make.

Thanks for the response, but I can get them for less then cummins bearings. I'm just wondering what other people that have used them thought. Until now I've only ran cummins bearings. Haisley already sent me a set for the mains and rods. Van (obviously) swears by these bearings so I figured I'll try them.

And don't take this the wrong way but how do you know what power I'm making let alone what I'll be making next season?

Thanks for the response, but I can get them for less then cummins bearings. I'm just wondering what other people that have used them thought. Until now I've only ran cummins bearings. Haisley already sent me a set for the mains and rods. Van (obviously) swears by these bearings so I figured I'll try them.

And don't take this the wrong way but how do you know what power I'm making let alone what I'll be making next season?

well the performance "haisley" bearings are clevites if i was to guess and the coatings of clevite get one or two races in our dirt track alcohol naturally aspirated motors and they wipe the coating right off at 900- 1000hp. add more boost and cylinder pressure and you see my reasoning. maybe their different coatings so i could be wrong but i dont know why they would be.all this assuming your making at least 1000hp...

well the performance "haisley" bearings are clevites if i was to guess and the coatings of clevite get one or two races in our dirt track alcohol naturally aspirated motors and they wipe the coating right off at 900- 1000hp. add more boost and cylinder pressure and you see my reasoning. maybe their different coatings so i could be wrong but i dont know why they would be.all this assuming your making at least 1000hp...

Yes, well over 1000hp. I was under the assumption they have a far smaller oil groove if any (hence the emphasis on clean oil) And they don't have any coating on them to be wiped off. That makes sense though with your clevite's. Just trying to get some insight from anybody using them.

Don't alcohol engines have oil contamination problems as it is, causing accelerated bearing wear?

Last edited:
Not anyone directly, Pushlar just mentioned a wider grooved shell bearing and I am curious as to why someone would run a wider groove over a smaller narrow groove if there is any advantage when we are displacing more oil into a groove instead of across the bearing plane between the journal, however he didn't state the overall depth and radius the by the oil hole in the shell.

i run plain old clevite bearings in my pulling motor and have not had problem yet oil clerance is opened up to 4.5 thounds

Back