Hard Lope Problem

Chrisd91

Just started my truck for the first time since the new fuel system and I am having trouble with a very hard lope at idle. Fuel system is an Aeromotive A1000 running off a relay triggered by fuse #9, sump, 5/8 line and Aeromotive pre filter, two fleet guard filter heads after pump, 1/2" line after filters to FASS regulator, 1/2 into the VP, with a gauge just before it goes into the VP.

Return is a 3/8" line with a 15psi ball and spring check valve, return from FASS regulator tees in, then injector return line tees in further down stream. Return line is 1/2 back to a drawstraw 2 that returns fuel above the sump.

I first started the truck with a set of stock injectors, and had the bad lope, only at idle, ran very smooth once throttle was applied. I swapped in a set of 6x.013s and the truck still lopes very hard at idle, but runs very smooth once throttle is applied. Fuel pressure is set at 17psi and does not fluctuate more than 1 psi in either direction. There is only a leak from the injector return line as far as I can tell, and the injector lines are tight. All other connections in the fuel system are tight and dry.

Any input as to what may be causing this lope only at idle? Any flaws in fuel system design?

Separating the regulator return from the injector and VP return ended up resolving the issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back