Hard start parked DOWN hill with smoke

waparson

Ok. Got my injector issue fixed. But still having one of the issues I was before.

If I park down hill, not much, just 20-30degree slope. It will take 3-4 key turns before it starts. Then it still has a good bit of white smoke (figured its just the injectors spraying but since its not starting its pooling up). BUT I am not getting rough idle now when it does start.

Should I start replacing fuel lines to eliminate air leaks? But from what I read if its air leaks, it should start fine parked down hill and hard start parked up hill.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks guys!

Ok. Got my injector issue fixed. But still having one of the issues I was before.

If I park down hill, not much, just 20-30degree slope. It will take 3-4 key turns before it starts. Then it still has a good bit of white smoke (figured its just the injectors spraying but since its not starting its pooling up). BUT I am not getting rough idle now when it does start.

Should I start replacing fuel lines to eliminate air leaks? But from what I read if its air leaks, it should start fine parked down hill and hard start parked up hill.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks guys!

How could you not find a leak then when it's running? fuel should spray out somewhere right?

How could you not find a leak then when it's running? fuel should spray out somewhere right?

I was thinking its a small leak, letting air in. Not one large enough from causing a fuel leak.

I had already checked for a fuel leak.

Just from reading seems some have had lines with hold small enough to let air in but not large enough for fuel to leak.

something is loose go over all your fittings again. And check your connector tubes.

something is loose go over all your fittings again. And check your connector tubes.

I'll do that. I had thought about the connector tubes as well, but thought that would cause fuel to leak in the engine causing fuel in the oil right?

Thanks!!

No sir. It won't get in the oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just assumed it would be in the oil, because the crossover tubes connect above the o-ring. And assuming the o-ring is sealed well, it shouldn't get past it?

Sorry, still learning about all this.

I was just excited I got the injectors, Hamilton springs, retainers and pushrods in and it started up after.

Now I just hope I didn't do anything wrong.

Back