hard start

emerica454

Recently my 97 obs has been hard to start. It takes about 2-3 extra seconds of cranking, and it stumbles a few times. It does this warm and cold, but has no extra smoke. Once started it runs normally. We changed the fuel filter, but have injector cleaner in one tank. Any ideas?

Andrew

Mine was doing that and I put in new glow plugs and batteries last October and it did not help. It turned out to be the battery cables. I installed the new ones and it starts faster than ever.

could be a fuel leak... did you check the oil? If the oil is low it will take a second or two for the HPOP to build enough pressure to fire the injectors.

thanks for the tips guys. The battery cables look solid, and I'm pretty sure its not a fuel leak, but ill check the oil tomorrow.

It seems to be a little better the past few days, i think that the warmer weather helped , 40 was the lowest temp seen since ive had this problem.

for the fuel leak check the hose clips going to the tanks. On my truck the front tank leaks a tad from thier and it was causing the hard start.

Last edited:
emerica454 said:
The battery cables look solid.

So did mine. BUt being 11 years old I felt it was the place to start being that the GP's and batteries were fresh.

Thanks for the help guys. Everything seems fine and to have worked itself out, not as good as it was, but I'm not gonna worry about it.

Back