Harness extention????

canadiandiesel

I have searched and searched the forum and found answers for the 12 and 24v for doing the harness extentions but can we do the same with the common rail harnesses? In particularly the 03-04 injector wires to be extended??

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I have searched and searched the forum and found answers for the 12 and 24v for doing the harness extentions but can we do the same with the common rail harnesses? In particularly the 03-04 injector wires to be extended??

Can you elaborate on what you are after? Because there isnt much of any wiring to extend on a 12V

Monkey Fist Rage

Looking at extending the wires to the injectors, on a 03 wiring harness so it cleaner when working on the engine, right now the wiring harness lines to the injectors travels up the left side in the middle of the engine then splices off to the 3 injector plugs, I want to move them to the back of the engine, for a cleaner appearance and easier to work on.

I'm interested in the story about custom auto, however if I do any harness extending it's with shrink tube and solder, I'm just wondering if I lengthen the wires to the injectors will it cause the injectors to not fire properly due to the longer distance (max 1.5ft longer)

I'm interested in the story about custom auto, however if I do any harness extending it's with shrink tube and solder, I'm just wondering if I lengthen the wires to the injectors will it cause the injectors to not fire properly due to the longer distance (max 1.5ft longer)

Why not buy some duetch connectors and build the jumpers you want, no splicing needed.

Monkey Fist Rage

Why not buy some duetch connectors and build the jumpers you want, no splicing needed.

Monkey Fist Rage

This^

Arent the injector harness just DT Deutsch connector bulkheads? I don't see how you could necessarily clean up or consolidate this part of the harness but as biggy said they are Deutsch connectors. There are several styles of Deutsch. The DT have the bigger pins like the injector harness uses than the DTM style IIRC. Napa sells the connectors and the pins however make sure you get the pins that do not require the special deutsch crimping tool.

There must be a story behind this ^^

Customer had to have custom auto build him and engine. Spent 45k having them build it, and after I got it all to fit in his 04 super duty and started it it was pouring raw fuel out the tail pipe. Balance rates showed one bank at - 8, and the other at +15. After looking at the FICM wiring they did to relocate it for the twins it was spliced and wrapped in tape not even heat shrink. FICM was shorting out injectors. About 10 hours to removeI the harness and build another properly and it ran fine. Something like that I would expect from a 3-4k build but not for 45k. That was on the LB7 and Allison I put in his Ford.

Last edited:
Back