Has anyone changed the bulbs in the Cluster?

calltrex

couple of the bulbs must have burnt out in my cluster.

are they special bulbs from dodge?

anyone changed them?

no, replace em with leds.
WLED-x5 (194 type) Wedge Base bulbs Specifications
If I remember correctly, just take the centerpiece out around the dash, four screws, and it pulls out. I want to say the third gens take like six or seven bulbs. If you want the stock green back go with yellow leds.

those are the exact style i need in that link?

thanks

ill get those led ones

Last edited:
which ones in the link?

thanks
Sorry. Pretty sure its the 8.4d ones. Here are a couple pics of a factory cluster bulb.
90769209.jpg

081fd932.jpg

I just replaced all of the bulbs in my cluster.

Bought them from the dealer as posted above at like $0.80 ea.

Replace them all not just the toasted ones.

LED? not sure why but if you want to I guess go for it problem is they can be installed backwards and wont light up and you wont know until you reinstall the cluster and plug it in. Not a big deal but more info is good I think.

Those bulb holders look the same as the ones I have. If the newer clusters are like what I remember than the holders they come with aren't replaceable. I went to a junkyard and pulled a whole bag full of replaceable bulb holders. So if these are the ones, and you still want to go with the led's calltrex, I'll more than gladly send you some out.

Hey Duck just how much of a pain is it to do this? My trucks an 07 and already my 4WD indicaters are out, if it's the bulbs? Everyhing works but no indication of 4wd?

Hey Duck just how much of a pain is it to do this? My trucks an 07 and already my 4WD indicaters are out, if it's the bulbs? Everyhing works but no indication of 4wd?

Just take the bezel around the cluster off and should be 4 screws holding the cluster in. You will have to kinda turn it sideways and stick your hand behind the cluster to unplug it. Getting it unplugged is the worst part but overall its simple.

so how many just in cluster? 3rd gen. i dont care about the heater controls

going to order the cool whites i think

Last edited:
Back