Has anyone mess around with the 2013 RAMS yet?

MAXX IT OUT

RUNS AGAIN
My buddy just bought one and is looking for some options. He is looking at doing head-studs, a turbo and the other normal stuff at some point in time in the near future. Is there anything out there for the tranny as far as a line booster for firmer shifts, until there is software control. Also is the the only thing different with the 2013 is the urea engine wise?

There are ZERO tuners out for 2013 trucks..so no way to delete anything or add anything.

H&S was looking into tuning them...but been quiet.

a co-worker of mine is part of the controls group with Cummins. If what he said is true, the 2013 ECM will be the closest to impossible to break into that you can get. It's been a while since i spoke with him but if memory serves, the same computing space Mercedes uses to measure it's ridiculous amounts of parameters x number of times per second, is what our newest engine management software uses as well. Just for the engine, not including the rest of the vehicle. He sounded a bit too cocky, but he said good luck to the aftermarket.Something along the lines of 'without someone showing them exactly how we designed this, they'll never get in'

a co-worker of mine is part of the controls group with Cummins. If what he said is true, the 2013 ECM will be the closest to impossible to break into that you can get. It's been a while since i spoke with him but if memory serves, the same computing space Mercedes uses to measure it's ridiculous amounts of parameters x number of times per second, is what our newest engine management software uses as well. Just for the engine, not including the rest of the vehicle. He sounded a bit too cocky, but he said good luck to the aftermarket.Something along the lines of 'without someone showing them exactly how we designed this, they'll never get in'

They said the same about the new ECMs for the Duramax. And it's cracked.

Anything can be reverse engineered

Or just swap an older ecm in possibly

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

They said the same about the new ECMs for the Duramax. And it's cracked.

I'm not saying the ridiculously smart people who have been tuning our trucks for years now won't be able to do it. I just wouldn't be surprised if it takes quite a while, just like the LML duramax's, or maybe even longer. I'm just sharing what i've been told by the source

Anything can be reverse engineered

Or just swap an older ecm in possibly

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

I was thinking of swapping in a 12's pcm, just not sure if with adding urea, if it changed the wiring harness. Is there any other changes to the engines that may effect this swap? Different turbo, injectors or anything?

I can ask to confirm, but the turbo/injectors/cp3 should be the same. But the ECM and wiring harness connections for the ECM are different. I'm not 100% certain but pretty sure

Ok, the turbo actuator for the vgt changed slightly. And the injectors are bigger on the 13's. Pumps are the same. ECM is different and so is the harness. My source also said the 14's should be a bit better. slightly more power, better mpg and better transient response. Idk if Ram has any changes planned for the truck itself in '14 but oh well. Wait until 2020 and those will be even better! (or so people will tell you)

Last edited:
Has anyone done the bullydog PCM unlock? Then they say you can use there GT or any other tuner to tune it, so I don't think the tuning is that much different.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
TS performance Stryker module. Haven't heard anything on them. There just plug and play

That's what they always say

Haha

I would venture to say due to the EPA mess it may take longer this time and fewer companies will even be bothering

can you elaborate more?

you have to un solder something and solder something else in some other place. I didnt pay much attention when it was being discussed since i hate soldering and dont have the patience for circuit board work

you have to un solder something and solder something else in some other place. I didnt pay much attention when it was being discussed since i hate soldering and dont have the patience for circuit board work

Where was this info or can you get it again?

Back