has anyone ran a redline diesel power transmission?

csummers

looking into transmissions for my 05 duramax lly as of right now i just have an exhaust and a 120hp superchips tune but i plan on getting efi live,lift pump,egr delete and a few other bolt ons. looking for a built transmision for 3500-4000 range i will pull it and instal it i just need someone to do the work. anyway a local guy on facebook told me about a place called redline diesel performance that builds trannys a stage 3 is 3800bucks and rated at 550rwhp or a stage 4 for 4450 thats rated at 650rwhp and there not to far away about 80miles from me. has anyone had any experience with them? trying to get some input befor i jump into it thanks in advance

ive always herd good things about them, i know there transmissons were tough to beat in 2.6 diesel pulling!

I havent ran one of Karl's transmissions, but i have delt with karl quite a bit and he is a great guy.

I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

so far so good on a redline tranny as of right now its going to be between redline,firepunk,or longhorn fab. i just found out longhorn does trannys yesterday they told me 3800 bucks for a suncoast kit instal good for 1000hp with converter

Just a word of warning, the Suncoast red alto clutches SUCK!! Approx. 5k miles on my kit, clutches smoked, steels were heat warped, ridged band was burnt. This was on 5 passes at the track and one sled pull, trans temp hit 205 at the warmest.
Their triple disc converter and VB have worked great however. $.02

Attachments

• IMAG0309.jpg
    IMAG0309.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0307.jpg
    IMAG0307.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
thank you purn1973 thats why i made this thread! i want everyone input befor i drop a large coin on my tranny lol

Suncoast

That's not totally true on suncoast clutch's. I have run there stuff a bunch and not had any troubles to speak of. Just be sure to go to a shop that has been around a little while. There is a "LOT" shops that have popped up and are the best at everything. That's not directed at any one shop but do yourself a favor and look on line and ask guestions like you are in this tread. I have also heard good things about Karl at redline. I have had good luck with Fleece Performance in Indy.

Back