Having 4wd enganing problems!!!

cumminstroked

On my 04 F250 I cant get it to engage in 4wd. with the hubs in the auto position i can sit in the driver sweet turn the switch and hear the hubs lock in, the 4x4 light will come on and everything. I can crawl under the truck and the drive shaft will not turn so i know the hubs are locked in. I have good vacuum and lines no wiring issues that i can find anywhere. The hubs lock in for sure so I think it may be in the transfer case... possibly the little actuator motor I have no idea though. Anybody with any information please share I would greatly aprecciate it!

That doesnt sound good. If you know your front is locking and the lights on the motor should have moved to lock may actually be a mechanical problem.

yeah that doesnt sound good. i thought about taking my drive shafts loose from the transfer case to see if my front shaft would spin at all. im a little lost on this one. oh well

Jack up a front wheel and try to spin it off the ground.. I Bet the t-case is in 4wd and your hubs are not locking..

Back