Having a few problems

Mr. Goodtime

Ok guys, heres whats up. Ive got all the mechanicals of the the truck put together but the truck is surging (motor rocking back and forth, just rough running) I have a edge juice with attitude on it but its on stock along with a ts. I found out it had a bully dog on it before and I bought the programmer of the original owner and tried putting it back to stock as well but it keeps showing error on it so I dont know if thats part of the problem or not. Also I put a transgo shift kit in it and now I can get it to go in gear at all, the selector wont pull down what so ever. So any help guys? Thanks

The transmission part would be most likely caused from when you put the valvebody back in. I would check for the proper alignment of the shift valve where it hooks into the shifting linkage. There is a pin that must be in the valve and into the shift arm to make it work.

Bullydog most likely needs to be updated online but I'm not sure. Steve is right on the shift linkage.

Thanks guys, that linkage was my whole problem. It cured the motor surging and everything

I wouldn't have guessed the shift linkage could cause engine surging/running rough. Glad you got it worked out.

I know it, I thought I only had one problem fixed but I started it up and it ran just as smooth as silk

Back