Having trouble bleeding clutch hydros!!

smokin24v

just finished up swapin my 98 to a 5 speed...every thing went great but i can't get any pressure built up in the clutch and it won't move the slave cylinder at all...

the master and slave are both new i put them on last night...i can't find any kind of leaks any where... we spent pry 2 hours today tryin to bleed them but never began to build any pedal pressure.... any thoughts of what could be goin wrong?

no... Instructions didnt say to.... thinkin I mite hve to take it out and do that

these units are very difficult to bleed, have you tried to push the slave in and out with the rod pointing down and line pointing straight up, and with the resivour cap off.
Also do not use your foot to depress the pedal with the slave out, slowly by hand.

I had the same problem. What I did used was

1. Get a Mighty Vac hand vacuum pump
2. Take a Bic ball point pen and gut it.
3. Stick the top of the Bic pen(gutted)in the end of the hose connected to the vacuum pump
4. Fill the reservoir with brake fluid
5. Stick the pointed end of the Bic pin in the hole at the bottom of the reservoir.
6. Hold downward pressure on the Bic pen and pull as much vacuum as possible with the vacuum pump.
7. When you can't pull any more vacuum, pull the end of the Bic pen out of the hole at the bottom of the reservoir. By doing this it should allow the brake fluid to be pulled into the slave by vacuum. It should now pump up, or at least it did on mine. Everything was installed on the truck at the time.

bench bleed the master, then do as Dan says and slowly push the slave in and out while someone watches the reservoir on top, you'll get all the air out that way.

Back