hazy headlight fix

red96ram

Jerzey trash in CO
I have a 96 dodge, and like most that I see, the headlights have that yellow haze to them, which looks like crap. I was going to replace them, but I was walking in Autozone and saw a polish that says it fixes the problem. I was wondering if anyone has used it and if it works at all. I always assumed the haze came from the inside so I was skeptical. Anyone ever used it? it's like $7, so it's not a big deal if it doesn't work, but I would rather spend that on a 6 pack if it doesn't work. lol thanks:Cheer:

I actually just got back from Autozone and was looking at two different products that are for headlights. I didn't buy any because I just use some mothers wheel polish and it takes the haze away for a little while and works "ok".

Let me know how it turns out.

Polish should work. I know some use like 2000 grit sand paper, and then a brown grocery bag.

thanks for all the input! I will probably try a few options and report back. thanks again

Polish should work. I know some use like 2000 grit sand paper, and then a brown grocery bag.
Dumb question, what does the brown paper bag do? Polish? Why not a microfiber or lint-free towel?

Dumb question, what does the brown paper bag do? Polish? Why not a microfiber or lint-free towel?

Because everyone knows that products that are bad for the environment ALWAYS outperform more green solutions!

Chris:D

Polish it. Plus you could use it on some of the ohio girls!

10-4. You have to go pretty far south in Ohio to find any of those female things that are worth polishing. LOL

If you go far enough south don't you need 2 bags for the girls?

the haze is oxidation of the polycarbonate... like rust on iron...

polish them out and wax them regularly, and they'll stay better looking longer

Advance Auto has a Silver pouch that costs about 20.00 it works great mine were terrible and now look like new. I had a small rock chip in one of mine and they were so bad that it could not be seen until I cleaned them. This is the only one I have found with a sealer . If not sealed it will come back worse than before.$.02 Rich

I've been fixing headlights for side jobs lately for $50.00 I sand the lights with 1500 or 2000 grit paper, then mask them spray them with adhesion promoter then give them a coat of snap dry clear takes about 30 mins and they look brand new!

I tried the silver bag stuff from Waly world, it fairly well impressed me on the Jetta's headlights, they were the faded yellowish, now back to clear.

<<< is cheap and uses tooth paste as soon as they start to get hazey... works well with getting bugs off as well..

I used the same mothers aluminum polish that I use on my wheels... works good... kinda found out by accident... lol

id go with 2000 grit sandpaper and the clear spray stuff!! my buddy has cleaned some pretty wicked nasty lights before and made them look brand new!

Back