Hdr Racing -armor Inc - 2wd Race Truck

RATTLE N HUM

Well have kept this truck a pretty big secret and has been over a year in the making but finally got her out and down the track. The guys here at ARMOR INC built this truck for a customer Darren Harris who started HDR RACING (Harris Diesel Racing). Thanks go out to the guys at DDP with help on the motor. Here are some pics and video. The truck topped out at an unimpressive 95mph just past the 1/8th mile at the track in Medicine Hat but we kinda figured it would with the gearing we had, but we needed to get it out on the track to see what the tech guys thought and see exactly what the suspension was going to do. In the process of getting the gearing straightened out as we speak!!

What does it have in it....

Common rail
Lenoco/bruno drive trans/trans brake
4-link rear
33x17 rear slicks
DDP twins
Roll cage built to SFI spec 7.5-8.49

Few more goodies but who really ever tells all haha

Here are some video and pics...

YouTube - HDR Racing and ARMOR INC diesel race truck burnout

IMGP3148.jpg

IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af246/armorinc/n590186943_1605503_2968.jpg[/IMG]
n590186943_1605508_4771.jpg

n590186943_1605623_4663.jpg

n590186943_1605508_4771.jpg

n590186943_1605625_5297.jpg

6770_118059026943_590186943_2973846.jpg

Looks great!

Inquiring minds want to know, how fat is this lil girlie?

Common rail into a 2nd gen? That's like putting a power stroke in... anything.

Looks nice!

Would you guys be the first with a trans brake?

Looks nice!

G&J truck and Banks both have 'brakes, they're not Pro Street though. That is, if Lencos are allowed in Pro Street....*bdh*

Looks nice!

Well everyone is doing a 12 valve so we thought we would change it up a little.....

Trans brake I do believe Banks boys and Predator truck would be running a simialar set up

G&J truck and Banks both have 'brakes, they're not Pro Street though. That is, if Lencos are allowed in Pro Street....*bdh*

We run in the PRO STREET class no mention of trans anywhere just have to be over 4500lbs.....

nice rig, me and you both have basically identical rigs but mine is white. same truck , same engine, diff trans. its deffinetly fun to have a 2gen with a CR. nice thing is you can drive it on the street.

Congrats on the build. Truck looks good. But 95mph in the 1/8 for a 4600lbs truck isn't impressive. But with some gearing figured out. We look forward to seeing some 100mph plus in the 1/8. Good luck this weekend guys

I think that's why he said UNimpressive, couple more trucks out there with trans brakes as well

Didnt stock600 have a transbrake on his truck? thats why it twisted the frame if I remember...

Jason. Come on. Not a very good similarity :doh: Bad comparison. Actually it kicks ass.

:clap: Nice truck. It's great to see more of these trucks coming out of the woodwork.

Nice truck, thanks for sharing the pics and info. Let us know how it runs when you get it dialed in.

Well we are changing the trans a bit and the rear gears and doing the claculations it should let us run up to 165mph....see what happens next time out....

That is a beautiful truck, hope we get to see it in Boise in Oct. Good luck and good racing.

That is a beautiful truck, hope we get to see it in Boise in Oct. Good luck and good racing.

Yeah seen you running in Portland race this year see you are consistantly running faster good deal....

We should be there as I think there are only 3 trucks up here in Canada running prostreet so we are pretty much a shoe in haha...now I just have to learn how to drive the sucker....

Back