HE341 push a HX 52 or 55?

Trapper

Hater
I'm think of building a small turbo combo with my HE341 with a cheep HX 52 or 55, i have even seena wastegated HX52 on ebay the other day, Anyone try this yet? I would like a nice single, but I think I would have more fun with twins.

I do not knew about the size of HE341, but if it same as HX35 then Hx52 and Hx55 are too small

Those are too small. the S400 piping and twinsets are coming down in price if you do some shopping.

I am using a similar setup (hy35 &hx52) on my 3.9L I would definately go with something bigger on a 5.9L even for a good tow/daily driver.

You could use an HX60 or HT60 though depending on wheel size. I have an HX40 and HT60 I'm slowly putting together for a set of twins...

I ask this questions years ago ,and 12 gurus said :hx55 for hx35 is too small, bottom charger flow should be twice as top charger flow

and 12 gurus, are dumb as sh*t

dont believe everything you read
dont believe much of what your told
and only believe half of what you see

HY35 over S366, 1.07:1 drive pressure at 60psi (about 64psi drive pressure)

almost EVERYONE told me this set up wouldnt work..... clearly they were wrong

SD530740.JPG

SD530751.JPG

With the right wheels I would think this would work, But theres an HX82 on ebay right now. Im kinda wanting twins before I do the exhast so I only do it once.

just do a 5" system. way easy to connect to the twins later

Thats what I'm thinking, but I would like to use the twin excuse to not have to use a muffler, I haven't heard of people complaining about drone with a set of twins.

What size are the hx55 or Hx52?

I installed a set of bd towing twins. And spoolup was insane and power was really great considering the small size

What size are the hx55 or Hx52?

I installed a set of bd towing twins. And spoolup was insane and power was really great considering the small size

Impeller inducer /compressor exducer

Holset HX50 2.48 2.835
Holset HX50 2.638 3.031
Holset HX55 2.638 3.031
Holset HX55 2.835 3.031

I run straight pipe with two 5'' stacks (single stock turbo) the drone starts to get annoying 75mph and up.

I find it funny that this was brought back up now that the OP has an HE351VE on his truck... Thread is only 8 months old :bang

Though the point that the BD towing twins are so close in size is a good one :Cheer:

Back