He351ve 6.7 turbo on 12 valve

farmboy1989

Any ideas on getting the vgt mounted on the 12v ? My truck is 4x4. I have to keep the electronics, I have steed dolans series 2 banshee to control it.

You'll need a new downpipe since the discharge flanges are different from the HX35. I believe Dieselautopower carries the hx40 style downpipe with the HE351 flange. The mounting flange on the HE351VE is different from the manifold flange, so you will need an adapter flange. You can probably find one on eBay cheap. You will also need a compressor discharge pipe or modify you existing one. Stainless diesel was making one for the swap so might give them a call.

On a side note, Steed's 4BT swap is pretty sweet.

You may have to mount it in the high mount position. I've heard of issues with shock tower clearance on 4wds. Or get shock tower deletes.

Any ideas on getting the vgt mounted on the 12v ? My truck is 4x4. I have to keep the electronics, I have steed dolans series 2 banshee to control it.

I have one on mine and made an adapter for my manifold, shock tower delete plates, down pipe, intercooler pipe, and removed my passenger side battery.

All in all it was pretty straight forward. I wish I had it to do over again, I would have just put an HE351 on. The turbine side of the VE does not seem to flow well, even when fully open, at anything over about 2600 RPM's.

It looks like souces parts go the other way though. They get rid of the 6.7 turbo in favor of an s400. Are the shock tower deletes compatible with stock length shocks ? Bna why did you remove the battery ?

Back