HE551v

silverpsd_06

I am selling this turbo because i decided to go a different route and just do compounds... What i know about this turbo, 77mm inducer on the compressor 122 exducer, it is a manual VGT that is air actuated (tested and does acuate fully). Usually this turbo is operated of the typical cummins CANBUS system, it is given air through the actual air system on the truck. My thoughts on controlling this was a spring change or a welded tab to prevent the VGT going full open which would be a 36cm housing i believe, obviously way too big for a 7.3 to move.. The VGT operates from a 9cm-36cm housing so its possible to have a very fast spooling large turbo, just gotta stop it from falling back under itself. Other than that i paid 1700 for it, ill entertain any reasonable offers for it its just laying in the box it came in on the shop floor ready to go asap. I really think this could be a serious animal if someone had the time to mount and control it.

May want to check your compressor wheel measurements again.

Pictures of the wheels will usually help a sale, but so would having more than 1 post.

Good luck on the sale.

I just got to looking at them and what I had before was incorrect its 71.75 inducer and 108 exducer... The vgt is 9cm-31cm, im usually not on here all that much im on psn usually I will try to get some pics up tonight of the wheels and the turbo itself.

Ya its already sold tho guy was perfectly happy with it, post count doesn't matter as long as you have a little common sense about you remember too good to be true it usually is...

Yes, but we are talking about people (like you) that get on here just to sell their crap, and contributed nothing to this forum, other than peddling their merchandise...

I apologize for sounding so ignorant to this, as I am one of those whose here to learn more than to teach, but what exactly is the difference between the turbo he was selling as opposed to the 200 dollar he351 I just bought?? I've tried reading up on it and it's kinda throwing me off. Anyone who could help I'd appreciate it

This thread is going to He!! in a hand basket ...... quite rapidly.

Well I guess it kind of started that way.

thanks guys i more lurk around here in the powerstroke side of things... He351 is off a ISB cummins what is in your trucks (assumingly dodge) ISM is where you get the He451 and the he551 is off of the ISX series otr tractors difference in them is just size of the compressor/turbine wheels for each respective series....

Back