Head gasket?

APWCU

So I was pulling out of my brothers house last night, engine was warm so I decided to get on it once since I never do. I went into third gear and floored it then I heard a very noticeable pop in the engine bay. It sounded like blowing the cap off of a plastic drink bottle.

I just knew it was the head gasket so I got home and popped the Hood but I couldn't find anything wrong. No water in Oil or oil in water, radiator is full, no leaks down the side of the block.

I dont know What else it could have been. Anything else I can check to see?

I drove It to work today and it ran fine.

My truck does run 45 psi since I put the Turbo and injectors in.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Until your last sentence I was thinking it was one of your intercooler/charge pipe coupler or coupler clamps.. But if you have normal boost.. That's not it!

Well, I just meant 45 psi before this happened. I'm afraid to get on it again because it ran fine today to work and back. The only thing I noticed was that my boost was slower to come up but seemed to still hold boost so I wouldn't think that it was a boot.

I just don't understand what could pop like that and me not notice anything wrong with the truck.

I would look at the boots and see if it ripped them anywhere or something of the sort.

I would look at the boots and see if it ripped them anywhere or something of the sort.

I agree. Like we said.. Youre gonna have to dig in there to find where you are loosing boost from. That's what the loud noise was, the sound of boost suddenly rushing out.

My guess is you blew or tore a boot. It's pretty common for them to rub on the fender on the lower driver's side. I've also had where I didn't torque down a clamp enough and when boost gets high it will blow past the clamp. In these cases I use hair spray.

No worries man, you blew a boot. I've blown them with enough force to dent a perfectly straight hood and scatter traffic to the shoulders of the road looking for the shooter! Now I have all v-band flanges for this very reason.

Back