head gasket.....

im looking for some help as to why i would be blowing headgasket on the water side instead of the compression side. hasn't done it again since i lowered timing back to 19 from 26.

this is on a 12v cummins. i've heard of the water bypass, but isnt it for the freeze plug blowing out at high rpms?

What pump is on it and what other modifications have been done? There are a lot of variables here....

Head studs stretched?

On mine and my friends cummins we ran the heater core line from the rear of the motor instead of the front. But these are on ford trucks. It helps keep them cooler

Sounds like you just blew a head gasket or were lifting the head. Time for o-rings, fire-rings, machining, and good studs if you wanna go big.

My 12v head is fire-ringed with head studs. I blew gasket out couple years ago. Figured out I had an aggressive impeller on the water pump. Since this truck is for pulling only, I went with an electric pump, bypass plate with pressure regulator at the rear of the engine and upgraded to Extreme studs.

Back