headlight issue

hopesanddreams

01 dodge, had a headlight go out so i bout a pack of 2 sylvania super bright blah blah headlights, put em in and they work but the dims are extremely dim and my bright light indicator on the dash stays on constantly, everything was fine before i changed the bulbs, bad ground? switch in the dash?

I had the same problem on my 98.5 under the driver side battery there was a post that a bunch of grounds went to it was all rusted.

ok, under the drivers side battery on the frame or fender? i cleaned the one on the frame but i guess i over looked one on the fender, thanks

Check your connectors at the lamps. Mine were bad and after replacing lights were good and bright. Could also be the headlight switch and connector. Look at the big connector on the back of the switch. They tend to melt down, also.

Scott

Did you get 9004's or 9007's? Sounds to me like you got the wrong bulbs..... The 9007's are essentially the same bulb, however the prongs are wired differently and the low beam and/or high beam are different watt ratings than the 9004's.

For a non Sport truck, we need the 9004's.

Last edited:
Back