Headwork?

01Zip24v

Hey guys, first post on this site and wanted to gather some opinions on headwork to my 01 Dodge.

To start the mods on my truck as as follows:

Ppump flowing 525cc's
4k Governor springs
DDP 200Hp Injectors
BD R700 Twins
ECD Cam
BD Intercooler
Headstuds
Airdog lift pump
Snow Water/Meth
Southbend Dual Disc
ECD PushRods

Next on the list is headwork and I am not sure if I want to continue having fun on the street with this truck or start to convert it into a sled puller. My question is, if I start to sled pull I want to put a competition head on it (Spring retainers, full port flowed on bench, intake machined off, fire rings cut, fire ring gasket, full performance valve job and a bolt on shelf style intake ect.) Now say I get all this headwork done, is there a limit that would be too much for street use or could I do a competition head before I decide what i want to use the truck for and get the most for both uses?

Fully ported head on a street truck isn't ideal. Depending on what is done to the exhaust side of the head, you could lose a lot of velocity, causing lag. It's great when you're spinning the hell out of the engine tho lol.

What cam is in the motor?

On the exhaust side I have a BD 3 Piece manifold. As for the cam its an East Coast Diesel cam, 194/211

On the exhaust side I have a BD 3 Piece manifold. As for the cam its an East Coast Diesel cam, 194/211

I was referring to how ported the exhaust side is. The more meat they take away, the slower the exhaust will move, in a nutshell.

bring your rpms up to 5,000 and don't go crazy with the porting and it will be a load of fun. it will lose on bottom end though.

Headwork works best with rpm and a big single....what's your power goal?

I'm not entirely sure as to a specific number for my goal. This truck isn't a dd, I maybe drive it once a week. Lets just say 1000rwhp would put a smile on my face.

I'm not entirely sure as to a specific number for my goal. This truck isn't a dd, I maybe drive it once a week. Lets just say 1000rwhp would put a smile on my face.

You are going to need alot more fuel and air, and/or *nx*

Yeah I know just doing the headwork won't put me at that point. I'm not sure if I want to go with a big single charger or a bigger set of twins... That all falls on the point of my future plans to be a street truck or sled puller.

Yeah I am leaning toward keeping it on the street. I'd like to do this headwork and I have my SilverBullet 66mm charger sitting in the garage. I would like to pair that with something underneath for a big twin setup as well as add some larger injectors depending on what I see after the chargers. I know I won't have much if any low end throttle response but when twisting it, it should be fun.

What can a stock bottom end usually handle horsepower wise?

Back