Heat Shields

Vizsla

I have a 2006 6.0 and there is no heat shield on the back of the motor above the transmission bellhousing or on my y pipe. The y pipe does not have tabs on it like I have seen to mount the shield to. Were the shields eliminated at some point or are mine missing. I have had some mods done(studs etc.). Thanks.

If there has ever been work done to it....alot of guys just take them off.

Ford redesigned the Y-pipe,...and now the heat shields are part of the pipe.

If the shields aren't there,..it's no big deal.

Isn't it kinda wierd that my y-pipe doesn't even have any mounting points for it? I have owned it since new and the y-pipe never had a shield. As for the rear gear cover shield, I donno, never looked.

When they come from the factory,..the heat shields are bolted to the motor,...not attached to the pipe at all

someone must've gotten lazy at the plant...lol

Last edited:
I have a 2006 6.0 and there is no heat shield on the back of the motor above the transmission bellhousing or on my y pipe. The y pipe does not have tabs on it like I have seen to mount the shield to. Were the shields eliminated at some point or are mine missing. I have had some mods done(studs etc.). Thanks.

I'm pretty positive that the shield was mounted to the HPOP on 05 and newer 6.0l's.

Back