Helix Cam

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
So, I have some tax returns showing up very shortly. I have a decent turbo for what im running for now, i have yet to upgrade injectors, no drugs. Just a stock motor, with a hopped up VE pump, and lotsa timing, n a WH1C.

Im looking for something with a little bang. the injectors I want/will buy later are outta my Tax return price range :evil

So im thinking a Helix cam shaft. Anyone with some experience with these? gained anything? streetability?

While I'd like to recommend my favorite vendor, I don't think that a cam is the right choice for your money at this point. What injectors for the early 12v cost more than $725?

brandon.

DDP4's at $899, and F1 Mach 4's at $1,100...I have the DDP4's, and really wanna try Don's sticks!

But BTW Brandon...I would suggest a Cam for any 12v, regardless of how gutless they are. You know, like mine! A Cam would make my truck run a lot harder in the top end...you know, like yours;)

Chris

Smokem said:
I agree that a cam may not be the most cost effective upgrade at this level. Why did Gus change from a Helix 2 to a Max Spool 2?:what:
Why did Gus and Ollie split? Chit totally unrelated to the product happens I'm guessing. Why did Heberram stab II in the back after Shane bent over backwards to help him? People are self serving/absorbed jackasses...

LMAO or maybe because someone wanted something for nothing or maybe because someone gave away something for nothing as a way to generate industry buzz or maybe... I've really wanted to get into one of these arguments lately lol. I can't speak for what Gus did but I know a little about what happened at II.

Maybe another thread so we don't muddy this guys simple question... Can't help him with 12v results but I can talk a little about 24v here in a week or so. It will be an honest assessment when it happens ;)

Last edited:
I built a high hp truck and something let go. Must have been a crappy part... I'm glad I'm not in the business of selling diesel perf parts to the general public most of which will turn and and complain when something fails in an engine being ran on the edge.

The work involved in swapping out the cam alone kills the whole cost deal. Injectors would be cheaper.
They also increase your "bang".

:hehe:
Its just Amusing how people expect so much and yet fall for the BS there Fed and not even get half of there expectations
:D:hehe:

well thanks for the opinions guys, but I have had a mojor loss. My truck (with me inside) found its way into a 3' diameter maple last saturday morning, completly destroying the truck, n leaving me hospitalized with lots of broken bones. I am looking for a new "baby" n may have found a nice 97 x-cab 2500 with a few bucks already into it.

My initial thought was injectors, massive EDM's. Just to get prepared for drag racing n dyno's.
Thanks again folks!

Smokem said:
Call Gus, he will be happy to share the story with you as he did me. I have installed a Helix 2 and a Max Spool, I prefer the latter.

I also prefer the latter. The split wasn't over the came but business practices.

Cowboy_Customs said:
well thanks for the opinions guys, but I have had a mojor loss. My truck (with me inside) found its way into a 3' diameter maple last saturday morning, completly destroying the truck, n leaving me hospitalized with lots of broken bones. I am looking for a new "baby" n may have found a nice 97 x-cab 2500 with a few bucks already into it.

My initial thought was injectors, massive EDM's. Just to get prepared for drag racing n dyno's.
Thanks again folks!

WOW wtf?? Hope you are ok?:bang

on still in the hospital right now, n will be going to rehab tomarrow. Im hoping to be walking by july 4th.

I fell asleep at the wheel last saturday morning, trying to get home to get some sleep before a meet. the pictures of whats left is in my webshots page in my sig.

H O L Y C H I T !!!!!! That was a bad one!:aiwebs_029: :aiwebs_016: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Man glad youre still with us!

Wuz you wearin a seat belt?

No i wasent, thats why im still alive. There is maybe 12 inches between it and the back of the cab, maybe 4 inches from the seat, n its folded over i guess. Shes a total loss, think the pinion went through the axle, my father pulled gears, n possibly the main shaft out of the tranny, just reaching under the seat.

Im working in rehab right now for 2 broke feet, 4 broke toes (one foot), both ankles, both legs have 2 breaks (tibula, fibula?) both hips, stitches in left knee, left arm just below the socket is broke, n had a few stitches in my lip.

Im on turbocharged Vicoden right now ( I need my Percaset back, im on cloud 9 )

But I have a truck in mind to replace my baby, but insurance is jerkin me around bad. 1900 bucks is all they want to give me n refuse to budge. :blahblah1:

Back