Hellman Sump

99_SilvrCummins

Is anyone running one on a daily driver? Does it pull a lot of crap off the bottom of the tank?

Getting ready to install one soon and if you have any tips let me know.

Hundreds of people run them on daily drivers...and if you don't let crap get in your tank then there's nothing to worry about. :D

when i had my tank down doing the install I was amazed actually on how freakin clean the tank was after 100 k miles of fuel has been through it. and if there is crud in yours, it will be easy to clean once ya drill that big honkin hole in the tank.

I have been running mine for almost a year and a half on my daily driver with no problems I do have a filter between my pumps and the tank.

return

Ok got it all torn out and found my problem that originally caused the fuel problem. The metal piece rusted out that contains the stock pickup and return and fits in the top of the fuel tank with the sending unit(the plastic cage). I am going to install the sump instead of using another stock pickup but had the question for those of you that have put these on what did you do with your stock fuel return from the IP?

I can get pictures if need be. I understand this may be confusing but I appreciate any help/advice that can be given.

Back