Hello from Finland, Northern Europe

welcome to Competition Diesel! I have also read the build up of your truck over on DTR. I like what you have done with your truck and cannot wait to see some Wot videos. This place has the most knowledgable people you will on any diesel truck forum.

I remember what you had to do to get your truck put together! Welcome to the site!!! I am glad to see you get it up and running!

i was just there in Scandinavia this fall....it was great. I was in Denmark and Norway....the views were breathtaking...although the food was a bit bland. I did make it to the Nurburgring though ....=)

3040669258_1c6d030e14_b.jpg

2992984567_1ac6906b43_b.jpg

3039811335_6234a91399_b.jpg

2993293761_873d4e01fc_b.jpg

Sledpuller: I know that Mercedes, we have few others in here as well, the other ran 12 seconds at 1/4 mile that thing is cabable for much better time, but the automatic transmission is not.

DrSpeed: Hi! I remember you as well, what a nice Ford you have. I'd like to get an Excursion with 20" lift/49" tires and a 800hp Cummins on it. But I think that's just a dream in here.

My truck is allmost running perfectly, but I have an annoying fuel stretch problem with Adrenaline.

Anyway, nice pics from Norway. Finlands nature is not like Norways, except from the northern it's a little similar. Finland is much more flatter with a lot of lakes and forest.

You should come visit in here, our food is better LOL

Maybe we should make a CompD European meeting in this summer,

Now question: when and where? :evil

Maybe we should make a CompD European meeting in this summer,

Now question: when and where? :evil

Åland maybe, then all of us have to take a ferry!:bang

I´m planning to run a couple of drags in the neighbourhoods of Stockholm!
Maybe that can be a good place to meet!
Stockholm don´t have a racatrack no more!:banned::badidea:

We do have Stockholm Open, wich is a Illegal cup, and can be a bit tricky to follow/attend if you don´t know where to go. Maybe we can act smokewalls to trick the cops out...

Have been to Tallin before, beautyfull old town center! But not for our trucks maybe.:hehe:

You guys should visit in our annual Dodge Ram Kalajoki meeting.

We have had those in Finland three year in a row.

First time in 2006 we had 8 Rams, 2007 we had 14 and last year we had 16 I think.

It takes its place on august.

We spent the whole weekend there. We have rented the three biggest cabins which are on the same yard, every year. The we do some barbeque and drinking+ driving.

Here's some pictures from 2007:
http://kuvablogi.com/blog/9142/1/
2008:
http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd348/ctdsl/
And here's the video what I made from 2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZUPzKE4zg

Ps: I was working in Tartu, Estonia on July 2008. I saw pretty much Estonia in that trip. Alcohol and food were my favourite, very cheap! That's why the whole 4 door Hiluxes bed was full of my Long drinks and vodka. :Cheer:

Kalajoki , thats good idea.

How far this place is from Helsinki?

Like I see from pictures you have dyno and sand dunes :rockwoot:

I will aslo infom my friend Wagoneer,he might be aslo interested to join (ofcouse with he's Ram)

Yeah, we have had great time there! One of the best things in my year!

Kalajoki is pretty far from Helsinki. 550kilometers. I'm living 250km north west from Helsinki, but I still have 450kilometers distance to Kalajoki.

Here's the map from Helsinki to Kalajoki:
http://tinyurl.com/albnj8

If your coming from Helsinki, your going across Jyväskylä, where the Neste Rally Finland takes its place a week earlier. Your going to see some nice countryside there! I just love the centre Finlands nature with a lot of lakes and forest!

At least you guys should consider it.

Did you say better food?

That video is great, Same Metallica, same stupid stuff as we do, same guys covered with grease under the trucks, different place lol.:rockwoot:

So-- what are the rules about bringing our trucks over for a day or two, and whos got a ship?

If all the COMPD guys chip in, prolly only 20K apiece......

And what side of the street do you drive on?

Its near Oulu, I have been in Oulu few times (its not too far away) and too many times in Jyväskylä.

Maybe it's good idea to plan Finland road trip with Ram. Do You knew correct dates?

I also have to visit Helsinki in this weekend :rockwoot:

Man....I would love to attend a rally out there! Yes, I hope the food in Finland is good...

I have already put together my menu there...Rössypottu, Sautéed reindeer, Kalakukko, and karjalanpiirakka amongst other things.

Hmmm....Finland sounds a lot like Copenhagen then, with a lot of flat land...

Did you say better food?

That video is great, Same Metallica, same stupid stuff as we do, same guys covered with grease under the trucks, different place lol.:rockwoot:

So-- what are the rules about bringing our trucks over for a day or two, and whos got a ship?

If all the COMPD guys chip in, prolly only 20K apiece......

And what side of the street do you drive on?
Better food than Norwegian. I had to say it, even tho I haven't tasted it! LOL

Yeah same stuff, Metallica is coming to my home town Pori on July. On festivals! I got the tickets!

We are driving on the same side than you guys. Only the brits are driving on the right hand in Europe as far as I know.
There's no rules! Just get in here! Haha.

I'm planning to do a USA trip to myself, first to Vegas, then San Fransisco.
Then I'll go to Texas and met one Finnish guy there and get a cheap 94-96 convertible Mustang V8.

And with that I'm going to drive accross the USA to Miami.
After that, I'll drive to South-Carolina where my contact is and get my Mustang shipped to Finland. :badidea:

Astross: I see, nice to know that you have been visiting here before. Oulu is 135km up north from Kalajoki.

Kalajoki is famous for its sand dunes.

Man....I would love to attend a rally out there! Yes, I hope the food in Finland is good...

I have already put together my menu there...Rössypottu, Sautéed reindeer, Kalakukko, and karjalanpiirakka amongst other things.

Hmmm....Finland sounds a lot like Copenhagen then, with a lot of flat land...

The rally is kinda of an experience, but you have to keep on track to follow the stages. It's kinda weird to see WRC cars on the public roads between the stages. Some french WRC rally driver didn't like us when I passed him with my Dodge and my cousin was waving Finlands flag from the bench on the bed. :D

Last year few rally drivers lost their license because of the speeding on public roads :D

You should check this:
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/

I think that every country in here is different, even the nature. Even Estonias and Finlands nature is different. And the culture is different for sure.

Back