Hello, new from Pa

WHITExGUY

Beard life
Names tj. im new to the world of diesel engines, but i tend to learn fast when it comes to how things work. Im a machinist and welder at a industrial machine shop, i spent two years in college learning about high performance engines(mainly drag racing). Im an ameture roadrace/time attack/drift driver, my track car is a 1989 nissan 240sx, and this is were it gets fun....

For a couple years i drove the car under stock power, a whopping 120hp out of the tired 300,000mile engine. My plans for this year were to strip the entire car down completely and get it ready for a more abusive competition life in 2013. Originally a semi beefed up ls1 was going to find its way into my engine bay to push a few more ponies and torque. Plans changed during the 2011/2012 winter months when my friend picked up an old diesel VW that we proceded to beat the crap out of all winter. I fell in love with the little diesel car and wanted one of my own, then jokingly my friend said "why not diesel swap your track car" we laughed about it for a little but slowly the joke ate away at my brain and i thought, "why shouldnt i put a diesel in my track car?"......

Fast forward to present day, im currently in the process of swapping a cummins 4bt into my 240sx. Its getting a beefed up t56 6 speed and a 3.56 gear to go behind it and boost wheel speeds a bit. My original plan was to build this engine to handle 1000+hp but only make close to 500. But investing that much $$$ into an engine that might not work in my application isnt an easy bullet to bite. So now ive went ahead and did basic mods, 4200rpm gov spring, fuel pin, pump turned up. Should be more then enough to give me an idea of how well it will work.

I have much bigger plans if this engine does work out. And it involves adding 2 cylinders and droping seriouse weight :poke:

Sorry for no pictures and so many words, i got a bit carried away. Ill post pics when i get to my computer at home. And i appologize for any grammar/spelling/sentence mistakes, typing this all on an iphone isnt a easy task.

thanks for the welcomes guys.

heres a couple pics i have of the car, sorry not much all my photos are on my old cell wich is now not wanting to connect to my computer.

7321571616_1ab9d30630_c.jpg

fits impressively well in the engine bay, just needed to have the oil pan cut to drop a few inches.

7791420240_c67b56a8ce_z.jpg

7791422370_003b87b47e_z.jpg

ill try to get the rest off my phone at somepoint or take more....i know its not a truck, but it should be one hell of a ride when its done. also expect "tug of war" videos between this and my bosses 5.9 CR :lolly:

thanks guys, trying to get the 4bt running soon so i can play with it on the road over winter, and see how i like it. cant wait to have the torque to just light em up cruising down the road lol....should be easy when my car weighs nothing(so much carbon fiber and fiberglass. :woohoo: )

probly end up using this as more of a toy around car and buy a second chassis to make into a "Racecar".

ill get more pictures this weekend when i start working on it more. :blahblah1:

Whats up cummins fever!

I dont think ill be doing as much as i previously told u i was doing with this engine, i sent it out to a shop to get magna fluxed before i started getting everything done, theres a couple signs of possible small stress cracks in the block back by number 4, wich makes some sense since number for was scored .032" on the rear of the cyl. So instead of buying another block im just gunna try to completely kill this engine, and do something even more different(still diesel...as of right now) over next summer while im beating this car up.

But you can come by and check it out whenever, i can find something for you to do. :lolly:

Did you ever get in contact with our shop about that IP? Ive been way outa the loop trying to catch up on all my jobs since ive gotten back from vaca.

Back