Help diagnose my problem please?

Got Smoke?

Ok about a month ago my injectors went out on my '03 with 122K miles, carried the truck to a shop and they had my injectors tested and all 6 came back bad bypassing fuel back to the tank at idle.

I purchased 6 rebuilt injectors from a friend who sells pulling parts local to me. Originally after they were installed there was a slight fuel knock that matched engine RPM's that was what I heard right before all 6 injectors checked out.:bang Also when sitting overnight the truck would have a slight miss, and white smoke very heavily for the first 30-45 seconds every morning then run perfectly (except for the fuel knock).

We contacted the company he got them from, they said send them all back and they would test them. Upon testing them they claimed nothin was wrong with them and sent them back. I installed them myself Thursday night, and now the fuel knock is gone but 30-45 seconds of missing & smoke still happen every morning?:what:

They sent a sheet with 6 seperate graphs and grids showing where they tested them, but it might as well be in greek to me?

Anybody had a problem like this? Could I possibly send/fax a copy of this sheet to someone who would better understand it? Anybody have any suggestions?

sounds like an injector problem... Odd circumstances I think, don't you! Those sheets could be for any set of injectors. It sounds to me like the tolerances arent right, and it takes heat in the injector body to "tighten" things up. Honestly, I am nobody, and by no means should you use my opinion for anything but what it is, an opinion.

Somebody just asked over on CF if I had any codes....made me think to grab my Triple dog and see(truck is on stock programming)...check engine light had not come on on the truck but I had PO201-206. Could this be from recent installation? I'm going to clear them and see if they come back.

PO201 through 206 :

P0201 Fuel Injector 1 Circuit
P0202 Fuel Injector 2 Circuit
P0203 Fuel Injector 3 Circuit
P0204 Fuel Injector 4 Circuit
P0205 Fuel Injector 5 Circuit
P0206 Fuel Injector 6 Circuit

PO201 through 206 :

P0201 Fuel Injector 1 Circuit
P0202 Fuel Injector 2 Circuit
P0203 Fuel Injector 3 Circuit
P0204 Fuel Injector 4 Circuit
P0205 Fuel Injector 5 Circuit
P0206 Fuel Injector 6 Circuit

I didn't make myself clear sorry Rich, I looked in the code thread and found those. I was asking could they have popped up from the recent installation? I guess I'll know soon I just cleared them.

yeah those codes would come up if you forgot/didnt hook up you injector harness. sounds kind of like leaking pintles, or more of an unmetered fuel leak from the injectors' tip

yeah those codes would come up if you forgot/didnt hook up you injector harness. sounds kind of like leaking pintles, or more of an unmetered fuel leak from the injectors' tip

So what I said wasn't far from the truth? And it makes since that as things warm up, they become tighter tolerances and there for quit leaking.

Or maybe the injectors "leak" into the cylinders while not running, not enough to enter the oil, but just to miss when started. (this don't sound as good as my first guess)

its more of a issue with quantity/quality issue with the fuel spray, its worse when cold because of of colder cylinder temps. this issue cannot be checked on anything but a fuel bench/machine for cr injectors

Back