HELP, Having hard start problems

NOVICOUPE

I have a 1997 F-350 crew cab 4x4.113,xxx miles.No mods.this is my first diesel and I love the thing.I have owned it for about a year.Only problem I have ever had with starting is sometimes I would hit the ignition and there would be nothing.Hit it a couple of more times and it would start.Traced that to a loose main starter cable.Well about a month or so ago I notived it seemed to take longer for the wait to start light to go out and the thing was starting harder even when it was not really cold out.Well at least taking more cranking before firing up.Well yesterdday I got on here and did some searching.Well I came up with oil level might be low.Mine was, so I put about a quart in.I also finally got around to taking off the sarter cable and cleaning up an tighting it down.Well I got in the truck which I had not driven in about 1-1 1/2 hrs. WTS light went out pretty quick and the truck started like it did when I first got the thing with 98,000 miles on it .I thought awesome.It was llike that every time I started it yesterday.Well I go out this morning to go to work.The WTS light seemed to take a litttle longer.It was colder out.so i thought no big deal.Well I cranked the truck 3 differant times and it would not start.turned the key back off and then back on after a second the WTS light went out and I cranked it 2 times before it finally started.Pretty good puff of smoke out of exhaust. Did the same thing when I left work tonight a 9pm.What the heck could be going on with this thing.Started awesome yesterday and almost did not start today.The only thing I did is fill front tank and most aof back tank at a truck stop.It is 3.93 a gal. there 4.15 gal at smaller places close to home.I have bought fuel here a couple of times with no problems before.Anyone have any ideas.PLEASE HELP only other problem that might not be helping is a small fuel leak somewhere up by back of motor.I have not found yet but leaks down back of block and drip off trans flexplate cover.Any help would be greatly appreciated Chip(NOVICOUPE)

The light has no relation to how long the GP's stay on ...They are controlled mainly by EOT ,,,

Try turning the key on & leaving it on for 20 -30 seconds ,,see what happens ...

You may also need a new GPR ,,,

Back