Help me blow my $$

CUMMINS_power31

Whats the biggest single a guy could spool on a VP truck? was thinking about trying a phat shaft 71. Truck isnt on the street much just every once in awhile on a weekend. Just going to be a show/dyno queen maybe go down the track a few times for the heck of it. Looking to go all out and keep VP44 NO P-PUMP for me. Anyone have some goods setups? Trying for 650-700hp fuel only. Then maybe throw some water/meth or *nx* at it later...Throw some opinions and setups at me. Thanks

Not much of a dyno queen at that HP, are you building it into a show truck?

Quite a few running a 71-72 as a single, what about twins?

forgot to mention my current mods on the truck. comp box Hot unlocked, smarty on even #s, 5in exhaust, airdog 150, AFE intake, and CFM+ horn

Lol I guess i shouldn't say dyno queen. but ya its a complete show truck with a lot of value to me previously owned by my father who passed away. in the process now. 99 auto lifted tons of suspension work body shaved and complete painted and powder coated gloss black under.

you could make that kind of power with a silver bullet!!! or hell even a 66/71...... you could run a smaller s400 like s465 and still be able to light it decently.... you just got to remember, generally the reason people don't run large singles on VP trucks is because of RPM limitations

Ill get some pics up this weekend. heres what I was thinking for a mods list. Would like some opinions.

phat shaft 71
Dragon fire VP, .093 tubes and lines. Might just stick with an SO. opinions?
250+ injectors
oring head and head studs
valve springs
port head maybe
cam maybe
hot comp box/smarty stack

built trans

Stage 2 monster pump

6x13 hurricanes

Stock lines wouldn't recommend those big lines

66mm charger

Edge comp hot

A little n20

Cam

There is my recomendations

Stage 2 monster pump

6x13 hurricanes

Stock lines wouldn't recommend those big lines

66mm charger

Edge comp hot

A little n20

Cam

There is my recomendations

I might know a little about another truck pretty close to that setup LOL x2 on your recommendation

I might know a little about another truck pretty close to that setup LOL x2 on your recommendation

haha i believe more then one. You can make some serious power with a setup like this external gate good manifold make sure you can get it to the ground!

IIRC Jamie did over 600 with a super b special and 250 horse stick and quad. I would stick with the SO pump over the dragon fire.

monster over the dragon fire? It seems all i here is bad things about his customer service. If I were to stick with a SO vp whats the biggest injector a SO can feed?

monster over the dragon fire? It seems all i here is bad things about his customer service. If I were to stick with a SO vp whats the biggest injector a SO can feed?

ive ran 6x.016s on my so and made 555/1054 with a silver bullet and they were more than enough fuel

Mike is tough to get ahold of at times however he stands behind all of his products. He takes care of his people. Yeas absolutely monster over a dragon fire. Highest hp fastest out there all are running monster pumps. I believe they have proven themselves. Go for efficiency not volume these pump thrive on efficiency and "pressure" Stay smaller on the injectors i don't believe you need to run anything larger then a 6x13 find it in tuning and a well built trans.

If you're going to run a large single bigger than a Silver Bullet (which is a 66/74/14) I would say head work, a cam, and manifolds are pretty much a necessity to get it to light decent. I've heard of a guy running a S471 as a single on a Hot Rod VP44, not sure on his injector size but ran a Smarty/TST stack and some giggle gas made 700-750hp IIRC.

Back