Help me choose a new turbo

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
ive decided to dump some money into my daily driver and with that said i will be upgrading my turbo, adding some ARP studs, aftermarket manifold and either a CFM+ or blade runner intake.

i would like to run a reasonable single rather than a compound or adding one combined with stock.

the main reason i am putting this up is i havent been up on the new and new with turbos in almost 2 years so i want some honest feedback....

i dont tow a lot but when i do the water (and a small amount of meth) will do its job. other than that i want some more "snap" on the street. something that will light up down low without killing me on the big end.

i am considering 64/71/14 (htt) but i would like some imput on some of the single's out there now a days,

-Marcus

it all depends.

what injectors are you planning on running?
Don't get too hung up on turbo sizes. The specifics of the parts and assembly process can have more of an effect on performance than anything.

I'd call Chris at E.D. and talk to him about building you something specific for your application.

Mods

ive decided to dump some money into my daily driver and with that said i will be upgrading my turbo, adding some ARP studs, aftermarket manifold and either a CFM+ or blade runner intake.

i would like to run a reasonable single rather than a compound or adding one combined with stock.

the main reason i am putting this up is i havent been up on the new and new with turbos in almost 2 years so i want some honest feedback....

i dont tow a lot but when i do the water (and a small amount of meth) will do its job. other than that i want some more "snap" on the street. something that will light up down low without killing me on the big end.

i am considering 64/71/14 (htt) but i would like some imput on some of the single's out there now a days,

-Marcus

You need to list your mods so we can help you out.

One of my good friends builds chargers everyday. Pm me if you want his number. He's built a lot of them and the guys I know love them.

my mods are in my sig and i listed what i was going to add along with it.

no injectors in sig= stock sticks.
i would like to get some air added before i touch fuel.

my plan was to add a great streetable turbo and then add some nozzles or have them EH as needed.
im considering a fleece VNT

We can't help you out with a charger until you at least tell us how much hp you want to make, or what size injectors you want to run.

maybe i need to clarify...

i would like to keep stock sticks and get more air thru there. seems like i have more fuel now than anything. rail pressure and fuel pressure hold their own right now no matter what i do.

i have seen several ppl with a 64/71 on stock sticks that seem to do real well.

i have no problem changing them out if needed but i just dont see the need yet unless someone would like to correct me.

i know of a truck with a 62mm charger smarty and a fuel other mods made 578hp so I wouldnt count something around that size out. I would think the 64 would be laggy without larger injectors. theres a new phatshaft 330 out thats good from 350-650hp but I havent heard much feedback on it

62 and a 64 are your best bets with stock sticks. I have seen them do well also. After that seem's the fuel is gone need bigger CP3 and injectors if you want.

My vote would be a 62/71 just for pure street fun .

i know of a truck with a 62mm charger smarty and a fuel other mods made 578hp so I wouldnt count something around that size out. I would think the 64 would be laggy without larger injectors. theres a new phatshaft 330 out thats good from 350-650hp but I havent heard much feedback on it

Industrial Injection has it listed and it's their 62/74/14 pretty much the silver 62 but the journal bearing and shaft are stronger.. That turbo will get hot fast..650hp not so much maybe 600 but HOT.

Back